St. Michael’s School Wins Grand Championship at SAE International’s 8th Annual AWIM International Jet Toy Competition
SAE International announces that St. Edith School (Archdiocese of Detroit) Team 6 was the Grand Champion of the 8th Annual A World In Motion® (AWIM) International Jet Toy Competition, which was held Wednesday, April 9, during the SAE 2014 World Congress.
The JetToy Challenge is a friendly competition where students (in Engineering Design Teams of four) compete in distance, accuracy, weight carrying and timed events. This year’s competition was sponsored by Johnson Controls, Bosch, Kia, TRW, Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Detroit Regional Chamber and MICHAuto.
The full list of award-winners includes:
· Grand Champions- St. Michael’s School
· Gold- (District National Heritage Academy) Canton Achieve Charter Academy Team 3
· Silver- (District Livonia Public Schools) Copper Upper Elementary
· Bronze- (Plymouth Canton Community Schools ) Bird Elementary
· Gold- (District Plymouth Canton Community Schools) Smith Elementary
· Silver- (District Plymouth Canton Community Schools) Smith Elementary
· Bronze- (District National Heritage Academy) Canton Achieve Charter Academy
· Gold- (District South Redford) Addams Elementary
· Silver- (District Detroit Public Schools) Cooke Elementary
· Bronze- (District Detroit Public Schools) Cooke Elementary
· Gold- (School District of Pickens County, SC) Forest Acres Elementary
· Silver- (District Livonia Public Schools) Copper Upper Elementary Team 12
· Bronze- (DPS) Mann Learning Community
“SAE International wants to thank Johnson Controls, Bosch, Kia, TRW, Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Detroit Regional Chamber and MICHAuto for their sponsorship of this year’s event. It is only through their support that we were able to provide a highly engaging STEM learning experience where the students can showcase their skills,” Chris Ciuca, Director of Pre-Professional Programs, SAE International, said.
“But, most importantly, I want to congratulate all of the students who competed and had fun during the event. Regardless of where their school finished, they all were winners.”
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 145,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.- www.sae.org -
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.