Oracle Announces General Availability of Oracle(R) Identity Management 10g Release 3
New Capabilities, Integrated Offering and Support for Heterogeneous Environments Drive More Value for Enterprise IT Infrastructure and Streamline Compliance Requirements
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., 16-AUG-2006 Oracle today announced the immediate availability of Oracle(r) Identity Management 10g Release 3. Complete with a robust, comprehensive set of access control, identity administration, provisioning and directory services capabilities, this latest release enables organizations to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of user identities across heterogeneous enterprise resources within and beyond their organizational boundaries, while helping to streamline sustainable compliance policies and controls.
Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 integrates multiple key software solutions that Oracle has attained through a combination of acquisitions and organic development including Web access management, user provisioning, identity federation and directory services. Built on open-standards, Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 is hot-pluggable and interoperates with packaged applications including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, PeopleSoft Enterprise and Siebel applications, and SAP. The new release also offers support for 12 additional platforms, demonstrating Oracle’s commitment to heterogeneity.
Each component of Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 features updates including enhanced internationalization and localization support for 28 languages. Key updates include:
* Oracle Identity Manager (formerly known as Oracle Xellerate Identity Provisioning) - automates the process of provisioning IT resources across heterogeneous business processes and managed platforms; is now integrated into the Oracle Identity Management framework; features a new module for audit and compliance with expanded data capture, an attestation framework, improved reporting and comprehensive platform support;
* Oracle Access Manager (formerly known as Oracle COREid Access and Identity) - provides Web single sign-on, identity administration and comprehensive reporting and auditing; now includes advanced password management capabilities, new performance enhancements, shared-secret enhancements to improve security between software components, additional authentication triggers and new third party platform certifications;
* Oracle Virtual Directory - enables multiple LDAP directories or relational databases to look like a single, unified LDAP store; includes new audit and reporting features, and improved installation/configuration for use with Oracle Identity Management products, IBM Tivoli, and Microsoft Active Directory;
* Oracle Internet Directory Services - an LDAP v3 directory that leverages the scalability, high availability and security features of Oracle Database; includes enhanced LDAP-based fan-out replication, tighter password integration with Active Directory, and OID synchronization support for Novell eDirectory and OpenLDAP; offers increased manageability capabilities through integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g; and
* Oracle Identity Federation (formerly known as Oracle COREid Federation) - a stand-alone, simple-to-deploy, fully functional federation server features enhanced support for SAML 2.0 and WS-Federation.
“Now more than ever, customers are looking for a comprehensive identity management software platform that can be implemented via a single license and supported by a single vendor,” said Hasan Rizvi, vice president, Identity Management development at Oracle. “Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 provides customers with an identity platform, that increases business agility and helps to reduce costs and to achieve regulatory compliance so that enterprises can get the most from existing and future IT investments.”
Organizations Benefit from Oracle Identity Management
Highmark Inc. is the largest health insurance company in Pennsylvania based on membership and is one of the largest health insurers in the United States. Faced with a growing user population and an increasing number of applications to access, the company needed an open, standards-based identity management solution that could scale to meet its changing needs. Highmark selected Oracle Identity Management to manage more than one million external users and 12,000 internal users who access more than 50 applications via IBM WebSphere portal.
“Our existing identity management application was not open or scalable enough to meet the demanding requirements of our heterogeneous IT environment,” said Mike Dowling, Identity Management Project Manager, Highmark. “Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Virtual Directory were the most open, integrated and comprehensive offerings that meet our needs. We will leverage Oracle Access Manager to streamline access to our more than 50 applications via WebSphere portal while Oracle Virtual Directory will be used to centralize identities by integrating user information from a SunOne LDAP Server, Microsoft Active Directory and RedHat LDAP.”
MphasiS, a global information technology and business process outsourcing (BPO) service provider to global 2000 companies that focuses on the financial services, telecommunications, and healthcare and technology industries, is using the provisioning capabilities of Oracle Identity Management to develop and implement best practices for its contact center.
“With more than 10,000 employees working on customer engagements at any given time, it is important for us to provide top-notch service to our customers, while strengthening security and increasing productivity. To do this, we need a best-in-class, standards-based provisioning solution,” said Mitish Chitnavis, group chief security officer, MphasiS. “Oracle Identity Manager was the only offering that met our requirements. We currently use the software to provision and manage user accounts across Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange 2000, BEA WebLogic, Ramco HR and various other enterprise applications in a high-volume contact center. As a result, we have reduced the average lead time from request to fulfillment from 5 days to 15 minutes across 10 different applications.”
About Oracle Identity Management
Serving as the security backbone for Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Identity Management helps customers and partners decrease security threats across diverse IT environments while helping address compliance needs. Oracle Identity Management’s support of industry standards such as WS*, XACML, SAML and SPML help enable customers and partners to more easily integrate applications with the framework. The family of best-in-class software includes Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Virtual Directory, Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite, Oracle Identity Federation and Oracle Web Services Manager. To learn more, visit http://www.oracle.com/identity.
# # #
This announcement is provided to you solely for information purposes, is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. Many factors can materially affect Oracle’s product development plans and the nature and timing of future product releases. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Oracle. This information may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Oracle or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Oracle specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
Oracle, JD Edwards, and PeopleSoft are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Rebecca Hahn
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.