End of Year Functions = Business Success not Social Disaster
Now is a time in Business to stand out from the crowd: drink in moderation and engage in social conversations rather than overdo promotional speak.
Fleur Allen, business owner, business networker and educator says the many End of Year functions at this time of year can be an opportunity to deepen existing business relationships and begin new associations in a light, social atmosphere.
“As a business networker I am concerned about the current trend for End of Year functions to be seen as an environment for potential social disaster, this does not have to be the case” says Ms Allen.
Ms Allen continues, "when in business you need to be mindful when attending any end of year function that although it is often more of a social tone than most networking events throughout the year it can still be a great opportunity to connect in business in a meaningful way.”
“As an experienced business networker, I know at social functions it is important not to promote your business overtly however inexperienced networkers often feel a networking or social event is a ‘waste of time’ when they can’t promote directly” states Ms Allen.
“The key to success for any networker and at any function business or social is to be open and listen to the needs of others you meet. By being helpful and listening more than speaking and asking questions to find out more about people will create a longer term relationship based on trust and respect and therefore a more profitable relationship” says Ms Allen.
Ms Allen recommends all business networkers to think of the following to stay focused:
1. Initiate conversation with respect. Many people feel uncomfortable at functions when meeting new people so will feel relieved if you initiate conversation.
2. Compliment people where appropriate. If in conversation a new contact mentions a goal achieved in the past year, compliment and congratulate them. You will be remembered in a positive light.
3. Focus on one person or small group of people at a time. Your success is in meeting quality contacts not quantity. Your ability to focus and listen one to one will set you apart from all other business networkers.
4. Be helpful. If someone expresses a need then offer your services or someone you know that can assist them.
5. Enjoy yourself. Drinking in moderation and laughing and enjoying yourself socially particularly at end of year functions draws positive attention to you and people will want to meet you.
Fleur Allen runs live networking training events through her business, Out of the Box Biz, details at www.FleurAllen.com. She is passionate about teaching business owners to use networking efficiently, effectively and to generate profits.
- Contact Information
- Fleur Allen
- Out of the Box Biz
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.