Fujifilm Announces the Ultra-Wide XF10-24mmF4 R OIS Lens
Valhalla, N.Y., December 18, 2013 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS, an ultra-wide 2.4x zoom lens with a 15-36mm equivalent that fits all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable lens cameras. With the introduction of the new XF10-24mmF4 R OIS, FUJIFILM now offers focal length options ranging from 15mm to 350mm (in 35mm equivalent).
The FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS features ultra-wide focal length capabilities that make it the perfect choice for shooting dynamic, high impact landscapes images with maximum detail from the foreground to far distances. With a maximum F4 aperture fixed through the focal range, the XF10-24mmF4 R OIS also provides outstanding low light image quality for stunning indoor pictures. Using precision-made, responsive, and finely-tuned metal aperture and focus rings, the XF10-24mmF4 R OIS ensures a superb handling experience that consistently delivers outstanding optical performance throughout its zoom range.
FUJINON XF10-24mm (15-36mm) F4 R OIS
· FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM interchangeable system cameras
· Powerful optical image stabilization minimizes shake and blur in low light
· Newly designed optical system uses 4 high-precision aspherical lenses and 3 extra low dispersion glass lenses which maximize performance of the FUJFILM X-Trans sensor
· HT-EBC*1 multi-layer coating to minimize ghosting
· Additional newly-developed coating added to the reverse side of the front lens to further reduce the ghosting that typically occurs when using deep concave lenses
· Enhanced resolving power at all apertures when used with an X-series camera*2 that incorporates a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function
· Seven-blade aperture diaphragm that helps create smooth and round bokeh effects
· Macro minimum working distance of 24cm
· 15mm equivalent has 91.6 degree of horizontal angle of view
· Inner focusing system drives smaller lenses in the middle or rear lens groups without
moving the larger lenses in the front lens groups for high-speed AF
The FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS lens will be available in March 2014 for $999.95.
The current Fujifilm lens family includes the following FUJINON XF and XC lenses:
- XF 14mm F2.8
- XF 18mm F2.0
- XF 23mm F1.4
- XF 27mm F2.8
- XF 35mm F1.4
- XF 60mm F2.4
- XF 18-55mm F2.8-4.0 OIS
- XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 OIS
- XC50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS
- XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
*1 High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating
*2 As of December 2013 “FUJIFILM X-E2”
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation consists of four operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services, including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment, along with service and support; personalized photo products; film; and one-time-use cameras; and also markets motion picture archival film and on-set color management solutions to the motion picture, broadcast and production industries. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, and also markets binoculars. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. sells and markets a range of Fujifilm products and services in Canada. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com/northamerica, go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to Like Fujifilm on Facebook. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 10 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2012, and in the year ended March 31, 2013, had global revenues of $26.7 billion*. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
* At an exchange rate of 83 yen to the dollar.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/29115/183908/183908-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Matthew Schmidt
- Corporate Communications Manager
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.