Memorex Shares Back-to-School Tips for Storing Digital Files
Memorex FlashDisc earns top marks for simple, convenient flash storage
CERRITOS, Calif. - Aug. 10, 2006 - As students of all ages prepare to head back-to-school, Memorex, a portfolio brand of Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN), delivers an easy way to share digital files with classmates and teachers - in a flash. The Memorex FlashDisc™ isflash-based USB storage media that’s simple to use, andoffers a high-capacity alternative to the floppy diskette, but a low-cost alternative to personal USB flash drives.
According to the National Retail Federation, back-to-school sales of consumer electronics andcomputer-related products are expected to reach $3.8 million this season. To keep back-to-school spending in check, the Memorex FlashDisc is affordable enough to share, and works with any PC or Mac with a USB port.
The Top 5 Ways to use the Memorex FlashDisc for school include:
1. Work in project teams. Work in groups of five or six students and store thegroup’s documents on FlashDiscs; then pass the discs around so everyone has a copy of the project files. Students don’t have to worry about getting their own expensive flash drives back when they’re passing around FlashDiscs, and email accounts don’t get filled up with attachments.
2. Turn in assignments.When assignments are due, teachers and professors often require a digital copy of a term paper, presentation or project. Avoid clogging the instructor’s email box with large files by using a FlashDisc. And procrastinators who finish that assignment at the last moment can quickly drop it onto a FlashDisc in seconds, rather than waiting for a CD or DVD to burn.
3. Transfer files to and from the computer lab. Computer labs at many schools and universities have banned the use of email for transferring files, due to concerns about viruses, bandwidth and network security. Students are often required to bring their own transfer devices to the lab, and USB devices like the Memorex FlashDisc are the most compatible option for removable storage.
4. Send homework home.When an elementary school student misses class, make-up assignments and books are often sent home with siblings or neighbors. Send home a portable FlashDisc instead. It delivers a neat and convenient package of assignments.
5. Take presentations to school assemblies. Nothing is more frustrating for instructors or student presenters than bringing a CD full of content to a school assembly or lecture. only to find out that the presentation laptop doesn’t have a CD drive! The Memorex FlashDisc is universally compatible with the USB ports that are now ubiquitous on PCs and Macs. Just plug and play!
At 2.3 inches in diameter and 0.3 inches high, the durable and portable Memorex FlashDisc has 16MB of capacity to store up to 400 text documents, 10 presentations, 40 digital photos or 15 minutes of music. Apackage of three Memorex FlashDiscs is available at Best Buy and Office Depot stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $14.99.
Is it live or is it Memorex?®
Memorex, a portfolio brand of Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN), is the U.S. market-share leader in optical media and media accessories at retail. Since the early 1970s, Memorex has been one of the most widely recognized and respected names in the consumer electronics industry. Today, it is an influential brand in CD and DVD media, optical drives and USB flash drives. For more information on Memorex or its products, please call 562-653-2800, or visit the company’s Web site at www.memorex.com .
- Contact Information
- Jamie Ernst
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.