CyboEnergy Releases Ten Off-Grid CyboInverters to Serve the Global Microgrid Market
CyboEnergy, Inc. (Rancho Cordova, CA), announced today that it has released 10 off-grid CyboInverter models that convert solar energy to AC power for powering lamps, LED lights, fans, TV, computers, phone or tablet chargers, microwave ovens, food processors, vacuum cleaners, battery chargers, and other small appliances. CyboEnergy CEO, Dr. George Cheng said, “We recognize the megatrend transition from centralized power to microgrids, and now offer 10 UL-certified off-grid CyboInverters based on specific electrical standards to serve the global market.” Microgrids are emerging as a credible threat to the dominance of the traditional utility monopoly. Off-grid power systems were once used as a backup for blackouts, are now gaining rapid adoption from homeowners to large-operation customers for daily use. Similar to what mobile phones have done to wired phones, microgrids can also leap over traditional power grids and provide power to rural parts of the world where a billion people are living without electricity. As shown in the picture, an off-grid CyboInverter has 4 input channels to connect to 4 solar panels or battery sets and generates up to 960W AC power. An off-grid electrical circuit can be built with the CyboInverter, a switchable AC junction box, and a power strip. This is actually a simple and useful microgrid.CyboInverter is a patent-pending solar power Mini-Inverter possessing the key merits of both central inverters and microinverters. CyboInverters offer grid-flexibility with both grid-tie and off-grid CyboInverters in the same product family. Of the 10 off-grid CyboInverters, the more popular models are:
- CyboInverter (CI-Mini-1000N), producing 120V, 60Hz power for the U.S., Canada, and Mexico markets.
- CyboInverter (CI-Mini-1000S), producing 220V, 50Hz power for China, Russia, and Asian markets.
- CyboInverter (CI-Mini-1000T), producing 230V, 50Hz power for African, India, and European markets.
- CyboInverter (CI-Mini-1000Z), producing 240V, 50Hz power for Australia, UK, Kenya, Malaysia, Kuwait, and UAE markets.
“Most off-grid solar inverters on the market have to take input power from batteries making the system more complex and less efficient. In our view, battery usage should be minimized because batteries are not clean tech products. The off-grid CyboInverter offers a flexible, scalable, battery-less, or battery-enabled off-grid solar power solution to meet the needs of broad-range microgrid users.” Dr. Cheng added. The off-grid CyboInverter has the following unique features and benefits:
- No high-voltage or high-current DC so that it is intrinsically safe,
- 4 input channels to connect to 4 solar panels and/or battery sets,
- Ideal for battery-less off-grid solar systems,
- MPPT for each solar panel to eliminate partial shading problems,
- Well suited for integrated PV installations with flexible solar panels,
- High quality pure sinewave AC to power sensitive loads,
- AC load protection and abnormal load alarming,
- Solar panel or battery auto-detection,
- Battery over-discharge protection with low voltage disconnect (LVD),
- Easy installation with indoor or outdoor mounting,
- High efficiency and long life,
- No cooling fans or noise,
- Power production in low sunlight,
- Compatible with both 60-cell and 72-cell solar panels, and
- Support flexible or concentrated solar panels if they meet the input specifications.
A basic 1KW off-grid solar power system includes the following main components: one off-grid CyboInverter, three 240W to 300W solar panels, one 36V battery or battery set, one CyboCharger – a 36V AC battery charger, a switchable AC junction box with AC outlet, and a power strip with circuit breakers. Three CyboInverter input channels are connected to solar panels, and the fourth input channel is connected to the battery. Because CyboInverter has MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) for each input channel, the three solar panels can purposely be installed to face southeast, south, and southwest (or northeast, north, and northwest if in the southern hemisphere) to pick up morning, noon, and afternoon sunlight. This enables a more balanced power production during the day to keep the load running. The CyboCharger works as an AC load and charges the battery during the day. In the evening or when there is not enough sunlight, the battery supplies the DC power. This system is very easy to install and maintain, and can provide up to 960W AC power during the day and 250W AC power in the evening. It is affordable and well suited for homes, schools, clinics, stores, farms, RVs, camps, and public facilities.
About CyboEnergy and CyboSoft
CyboEnergy is a subsidiary of CyboSoft, General Cybernation Group Inc., focusing on the development, manufacturing, marketing, and services of product lines in the energy and clean energy field. Founded in 1994, CyboSoft is the leader in control technology serving the worldwide process control, building control, and equipment control markets. CyboSoft’s patented Model-Free Adaptive (MFA) control technology for automatically controlling physical processes is a major breakthrough. No other comparable technology possesses all the attributes of MFA.
- Contact Information
- Mary Lou Davis
- Operations Manager
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.