Polysciences Announces New Line of Microbiology and Bacterial Detection Products
Warrington, PA, August 8, 2006 – Polysciences, Inc., a leading manufacturer of laboratory supplies and reagents for life sciences, medical research and industry, is pleased to announce the launch of a series of products specific for Microbiological and Bacterial Detection applications.
Included in this product line expansion are the following:
• 8 new rapid bacterial detection strip kits. These detection strips allow for colorimetric determinations of the presence of 8 different types of common microbes.
• 5 easy to use Microring®, rapid tests utilize specific growth factors in the kit to identify different microorganisms. Each Microring® contains 3 separate detection tips that are labeled to allow for multiple bacterial determination tests to be completed in one procedure. Microbial species including haemophilus, non-sporing anaerobes, gram positive cocci, yeasts and gardnerella vaginalis are identifiable using these test rings.
• Transwab® for safe and efficient transport of aerobic and anaerobic bacterial samples. A variety of Transwab ® products are available including non-toxic rayon and metal wire systems. Transwab® products are supplied with different storage media including Amies medium, Amies Charcoal medium, Liquid Amies and Cary Blair medium.
• Microloops®, and Microloops® calibration gauges for laboratory inoculations. A wide range of plastic disposable and durable Nichrome® wire inoculation materials are available depending on specific laboratory needs.
• 4 new “ready to use” parisitology/microbiology fixatives that are environmentally friendly. The issue of mercury containing materials is of increasing concern in microbiology laboratories and our products provide alternatives to conventional mercury fixatives for parasitology applications.
• Ready to use microbiology stain kits including: Gram tissue stain kits in both “standard” and “stabilized iodine” versions for gram (+) positive and gram (–) negative bacterial staining, and Acid Fast Bacillus (AFB) kits such as AFB Auramine-Rhodamine, AFB Kinyoun’s and AFB Ziehl Neelson kits.
• Specialized staining reagents including Safranin, Auramine O and Wheatley’s Trichrome Blue (Gomori’s modification) in ready-to-use solution form.
• Tuberculosis detection and processing reagents including TB buffers, TB base digestant, N-acetyl L-cysteine (NALC) powder and NALC+ digestant.
Visit www.polysciences.com to learn more about all our products for use in microbiology applications.
About Polysciences, Inc.
Headquartered in Warrington, Pa., Polysciences, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of laboratory supplies and specialty monomers/polymers for microscopy, histology, biotechnology, electronics, and other industrial applications.
- Contact Information
- Jeanine Boiko
- J9 Public Relations
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.