PR Power Writing: Top 10 Writing Mistakes and Silver Bullets Every Communicator Must Know
Oakland, CA - (NewMediaWire) - October 05, 2013 - PR professionals looking to take their writing skills to the next level of clarity and confidence will gain a new set of solid writing skills and techniques in a new 90-minute webinar by PR University. This hands-on session will outline a practical writing regimen grounded in 10 Power Writing Mistakes and Silver Bullets that improve press releases, as well as every post, article, speech, white paper or communiqué that a PR team crafts.
All who attend PR Power Writing: Top 10 Writing Mistakes and Silver Bullets Every Communicator Must Know will also discover how to avoid the biggest PR writing sins, and how to think and write like a journalist—in order to craft headlines and leads that compel readership.
This PR University webinar takes place on Wednesday, October 9, at 1PM ET (noon CT; 11AM MT; 10AM PT).
Michael Smart, Founder, MichaelSMARTPR
What PR pros will learn:
• The State of PR Writing: Why press releases often fail — and how to overcome these issues
• Honing “News Judgment”: How to think and write like journalists to maximize media pick-up
• Outlining and message mapping tips guaranteed to find the best “peg” and write more quickly on deadline
• Superior Headlines: New ways to make headlines and subheads SEO and newsroom-ready
• Incredible Leads: The five types of lead paragraphs that work best
• Executive Quotes: How to craft sparkling quotes that actually get used
• Words, phrases and techniques that give your writing instant credibility
• Faux Pas to Avoid: Seven common grammar errors that drive journalists crazy — plus 17 commonly misused words in press materials
• How to apply creativity and “words of wonder” to make writing exciting and memorable
• Editing tips and secrets: How to edit and revise copy so that it is crisp and clean when it is handed in for review
For more details, go to the conference home page.
Bulldog Reporter’s PR University produces over 60 high-level professional development conferences per year with extraordinary speakers on media relations skills, PR measurement, crisis communications, advanced PR technology, social media, and the nation’s most influential media — a complete professional development program to meet all your training and updating needs.
Attendance at this Bulldog Reporter PR University webinar costs just $299 per login. Participants in this 90-minute webinar will be able to pose specific questions for the presenter at several junctures during the discussion.
Attendees of PR University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual. For more information on taking part in the event, go to the conference home page or for personalized service and special offers please contact one of our sales consultants toll free at: 1-800-959-1059.
- Contact Information
- Jacques Gautreaux
- VP & COO
- Bulldog Reporter
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.