High Fashion Goes High Tech at 2014 International CES
New lifestyle-focused TechZone to feature innovations in wearable technology
Arlington, VA – From connected glasses to health monitoring devices, FashionWare, a new lifestyle-focused exhibit at the 2014 International CES® produced in partnership with Living in Digital Times, will showcase the latest innovations in wearable technology that mix fashion and function. The 2014 CES, produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) ®, is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies, and will run from January 7-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“From jackets that adjust based on outside temperatures to solar-charging handbags and more, innovations in wearable technology are shaping the industry,” said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, International CES and corporate business strategy, CEA. “The FashionWare TechZone integrates style, function and technology to create a wow-factor, high-tech space at the 2014 CES.”
Leading FashionWare exhibitors at the 2014 CES include: Brother, CLO Virtual Fashion, Inc., FashionTEQ, and Velodyne. The TechZone will be located in the Venetian Ballroom. This high-tech area will also host an invitation-only runway show on Thursday, January 9, 2014, featuring innovative products that are both functional and fashionable.
Living in Digital Times will sponsor eight additional lifestyle-focused exhibit areas and events at the 2014 CES that include:
• Kids@Play: This TechZone features new technologies that facilitate learning for the next generation of consumers. Kids@Play explores the way being digital today creates a smarter world tomorrow. (The Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom)
• MommyTech: The “mommy” audience, a code name for families using a variety of high-tech mobile products, is the fastest, largest and most vocal group of technology adoptees. In this area, you’ll see how a new generation of products is making homes smarter and safer, creating better entertainment, fostering safer driving experiences and more. (The Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom)
• Silvers Summit: There are about 78 million boomers in the US (450 million worldwide) born between 1946 and 1964 — and they’re hitting their peak earning and spending. This area showcases the products and services that keep boomers engaged, entertained, connected and healthy. (LVCC, South Hall 2)
• TransformingEDU: This is the TechZone where innovation meets education. Formerly HigherEdTECH, this area showcases how K-20 education is being reinvented through ground-breaking entrepreneurial innovation and corporate investment. (The Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom)
• Digital Health Summit: This TechZone is at the intersection of technology, health and wellness. Here, you’ll see solutions for diagnosing, monitoring, and treating a variety of illnesses, from obesity to asthma, from poor vision or hearing to high blood pressure. (LVCC, South Hall 2)
• FitnessTech: This TechZone will focus exclusively on the newest innovations and tools for the sports enthusiast and spotlight key trends impacting the collective multi-billion dollar sports, fitness and outdoors markets. (LVCC, South Hall 2)
• Last Gadget Standing: This inventive, fast-paced competition challenges contenders to give the product demo of their lives. The CES audience will determine which product is “most likely to change the face of technology.” There is also an online vote to determine a separate online winner.
• Mobile Apps Showdown: This event showcases inventive new apps in front of a vocal CES audience. App producers will have four minutes to demo their app and an applause-o-meter measures audience enthusiasm to determine the winner. There is also an online vote to determine a separate online winner.
Gary Dell’Abate and Jon Hein from SiriusXM Radio’s Howard Stern channels are slated to co-host the Last Gadget Standing and Mobile Apps Showdown events on Thursday, January 9, 2014 in the LVCC, North Hall, Room N255.
The 2014 CES will feature 20 market-specific TechZones highlighting innovation across 15 different product categories. Companies interested in exhibiting in the new FashionWare TechZone should contact Living in Digital Times at email@example.com or 201-564-7900.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES.” Subsequent references to the show can be shortened to “CES.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” to refer to the International CES.
technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $203 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed. Follow CES online at www.CESweb.org and through social media.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.