Oracle OpenWorld Kicks Off a Full Week of Education, Insight and Opportunities for Customers from Around the Globe
Set to Open on Sunday, September 22, Oracle OpenWorld is Expected to Attract More than 60,000 Attendees and Offer 2,500 Educational Sessions
ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO
• Oracle OpenWorld 2013 will take place September 22 – 26 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco with more than 60,000 attendees expected from over 145 countries.
• As the largest and most important educational and networking event for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners, Oracle OpenWorld features education and insight into Oracle’s strategy and roadmap, including insight into Oracle’s engineered systems, cloud computing, business analytics, big data and customer experience initiatives.
• At this year’s event, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison will be joined on the keynote stage by other leading Oracle executives and technologists including Mark Hurd, Thomas Kurian, John Fowler, and more.
• Also taking place in San Francisco the week of Oracle OpenWorld are JavaOne, MySQL Connect, and Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange @ OpenWorld.
• In addition, HCM @ OpenWorld and CX @ OpenWorld are new focus areas for this year, enabling attendees to further their education across key areas.
• The social hub of Oracle OpenWorld will be located in the Oracle Plaza @ Howard Street, where the Welcome Reception and It’s a Wrap! reception will take place.
• CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo will broadcast live from Oracle OpenWorld, and keynotes will be streamed on oracle.com/openworld.
Educational Opportunities at Oracle OpenWorld
* Conference attendees will have the opportunity to experience:
• Five days and more than 2,500 Oracle OpenWorld, JavaOne, MySQL Connect and Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange sessions; hands-on labs (HOLs), tutorials and birds-of-a-feather sessions (BOFs).
• More than 3,500 speakers, including over 1,800 customer and partner speakers, including ANZ Bank, AT&T, Boeing, Deutsche Telekom, Emirates, Facebook, GM, LinkedIn, Lego and Walgreens, sharing how they are using Oracle technology to engineer for innovation.
• 500 partner and customer exhibits.
• More than 400 Oracle product demonstrations showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure.
* This year’s event will also feature:
• Keynotes from industry leaders, including addressing the latest technology developments and innovations, as well as key strategies for optimizing existing systems and preparing for technology breakthroughs.
• Industry-specific tracks with Oracle product experts and industry leaders, who will discuss technology strategies as they pertain to industries from communications and financial services to healthcare and more.
• Deep-dive training seminars by Oracle University discussing timely topics ranging from cloud to database to business intelligence to big data and more.
• As part of CX @ OpenWorld, a dedicated CX zone with more than 140 sessions across CX strategy and design, marketing sales, commerce, social and more.
• HCM @ OpenWorld co-locates all HCM keynotes, sessions and exhibits at The Palace for the first time.
Unique Experiences at Oracle OpenWorld
* Oracle OpenWorld is an exciting destination with new experiences unveiled each year. This year and only at Oracle OpenWorld:
• The Oracle Appreciation Event, a night of live music with Maroon 5 and The Black Keys on Treasure Island.
• An opportunity to network with peers, Oracle partners and Oracle experts at one of many Lounges, Recharge Zones and Tap and Brews during the show.
• For those fun-seekers, Oracle’s Game Zone Experience, Golf Experience and Bocce Ball is the perfect place to connect with old friends, make new friends and have some high-tech fun.
• Attendees can also play the Oracle SPARC Runner video game at the Oracle Engineered Systems, Servers and Storage DEMO-grounds at Oracle OpenWorld or at OracleRunner.com.
• “Oracle OpenWorld 2013 offers a week of hands-on sessions and presentations to help our customers and partners understand how to take advantage of the latest Oracle technologies to enable transformation and innovation within their businesses,” said Tania Weidick, vice president, Oracle Events Marketing. “At this year’s event, attendees will have the opportunity to network with peers and learn about the latest in enterprise technology from industry leaders.”
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 60,000 attendees from 145 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 500 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is being held September 22-26 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, to register, or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.