5 Tips To Save Thousands of Dollars When You Are Expecting
Spend Time on Your Baby, Not Money. Parents can save a lot of money when they question the necessity of high ticket baby items.
Spend Time On Your Baby, Not Money.
Many parents are spending up to five thousand dollars on their first born babies during the first 12 months of life, yet there are many parents who are providing everything their baby needs for 10 per cent of that amount.
According to peaceful parenting expert Kate Tully, birthkeeper, speaker and author of Peaceful Birth Peaceful Earth, natural parenting groups are popping up everywhere and these mothers are redefining how we invest in our babies.
Mothers are questioning the value of spending large sums of money to buy what were once considered essential items" said Mrs Tully.
“These mothers do not feel that their babies are missing out.”
“In fact, they feel that they are gaining so much through a closer bond and happier babies.”
“Many of the items purchased from baby shops separate mother and baby.”
"When babies are kept in close contact with their mothers, we see an increase in bonding, higher breastfeeding rates and happier, more settled babies.
“What begins as a money saving exercise turns into a beneficial exercise for both the mother and her baby.”
Mrs Tully said that expecting parents can save money by:
- Practicing safe co-sleeping as advised by Dr James McKenna, rather than buying a cot. “There is a very important physiology underlying infant sleep. When babies sleep next to their mothers, the physical presence of the mother changes the state of the infant to the clinically positive,” said the world’s leading authority on safe co-sleeping practices, Dr James McKenna.
- Buying a baby carrier instead of a pram or an electric swing. The close contact will keep baby settled and will deepen the bond. When selecting a carrier, it is essential for your baby’s hip development to choose a carrier where the material supports your baby’s thighs all the way to the knees and your baby’s knees sit higher than the hips. Baby should always face the mother.
- Practicing Elimination Communication (EC) where baby is nappy free from birth. Within days a mother can learn to read the cues to know when her baby is going to urinate and can place baby over a bucket or potty to do so. Many parents average only one ’accident’ a day within weeks of beginning. If EC is not for you, than use cloth nappies rather than disposables to save around two thousand dollars.
- Exclusively breastfeed your baby to save hundreds of dollars on formula and bottles. You will create a healthier baby who has stronger immune system. These babies will require fewer visits to the doctor.
- Playing with your baby rather than buying commercial toys. Looking at your face and hearing your voice is baby’s favorite way to pass the time.
“The only essential items for your baby are a car seat, a good quality baby carrier, some cloth nappies, muslin wraps and clothes.”
“Everything else is a luxury item. There is nothing wrong with having some luxury items, but be aware that they are a choice, not a necessity.”
“Parents can save a lot of money when they question the necessity of high ticket baby items.”
For further information, or to receive 3 free chapters of the book, please visit www.peacefulbirthpeacefulearth.com
# # #
- Contact Information
- Kate Tully
- Author, Speaker, Natural Parenting Advocate
- Peaceful Birth Peaceful Earth
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.