ATTO Technology at IBC 2013 – 25 Years of Revolutionizing High Performance Workflows in the Media and Entertainment Industry
Leader in high-performance storage and connectivity drives transition to file-based workflows and enables seamless content production and delivery in ever-increasing resolutions.
Amherst, NY - ATTO Technology, Inc., a global leader of storage, network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments for 25 years, today announced that it will showcase its premium product solutions at IBC 2013 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 13 - 17 at the RAI Exhibition and Congress Centre. ATTO, the recognized leader in powering high-performance audio and video workflows, will hold live product demos in their booth, #7-F41, and feature complete 16Gb Fibre Channel SAN solutions, Thunderbolt™ enabled Desklink™ devices, and ExpressSAS™ RAID controllers and host adapters.
“Our 25 year track record of developing ground breaking innovations has helped revolutionize workflow in the media and entertainment market,” said Wayne Arvidson, Vice President of Marketing at ATTO Technology. “IBC is the ideal venue for ATTO to illustrate why we are the leading provider of workflow solutions utilized by the leading Media and Entertainment companies.”
ATTO will give industry professionals several valuable opportunities to learn more about the technologies that drive high data, high performance workflows. Over 50 of the industry’s top manufacturers have partnered with ATTO and will highlight their products within various solutions throughout the Exhibition floor. Additionally, over half of these exhibitors will include ATTO’s products within live demo’s to display the important role ATTO plays in enabling an effective, performance-driven infrastructure.
Fibre Channel is the primary storage technology that scales from SMB through Enterprise applications and ensures that storage infrastructures will have the highest performance and lowest latency over other solutions on the market. ATTO’s complete end to end 16Gb Fibre Channel demos will highlight the following products:
- ATTO Celerity™ 16Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters (HBAs), including the industry’s first quad channel card, deliver the highest bandwidth and lowest latency available in the market, as well as reliable and scalable connectivity with twice the maximum throughput of previous solutions. They address the needs of workflows including capture, edit, content management and distribution with extremely fast, efficient and reliable data transfers. ATTO’s Advanced Data Streaming (ADS™) technology manages latency in real-time environments for the smoothest data streaming and best-in-industry data transfers, while MultiPath Director™ allows not just servers, but Mac, Windows and Linux workstations direct connection to enterprise class storage.
- The ATTO FastStream™ SC 9000, introduced at IBC 2012, holds the distinction as the first available and shipping 16Gb storage system on the market. It is the only Fibre Channel RAID controller that allows IT managers and digital media professionals to easily create their own fully-scalable 16Gb SAN storage solution. System builders have the ability to embed the FastStream into an ATX form factor storage server to create a license-free and surprisingly affordable high capacity storage array. With numerous scalable options, FastStream supports up to 512TB of RAID protected shared storage using HDD or SSD Drive technology. FastStream storage controllers are engineered for demanding real-time applications which require managed latency for high-volume collaborative workflows, and include ATTO’s exclusive ADS and DriveAssure™ technologies to ensure maximum performance.
- The ATTO FibreConnect™ 1600 series of 16Gb Fibre Channel switches are engineered to deliver smooth and reliable data transfer over a SAN for mission critical applications, such as video streaming and virtualized environments. When combined with the Celerity 16Gb Fibre Channel HBAs, FibreConnect switches provide complete SAN connectivity with high-bandwidth, low latency and the lowest power consumption in the industry.
ATTO Desklink devices represent the latest in next generation, high-performance storage and network connectivity products for Thunderbolt enabled platforms, including mobile devices such as laptops and Ultrabooks, so users can connect to storage in the studio or out on location. At speeds not previously available with FireWire or USB, ATTO’s ThunderLink™ and ThunderStream™ deliver the highest consistent performance and reliable data transfers for video editing, digital audio or video on demand. In addition to the stand alone Desklink devices, see top industry providers that have incorporated ATTO’s ThunderStream 3808E to create their own customized Thunderbolt enabled storage solutions. “It’s these types of partnerships that continue to establish ATTO as the go-to solution provider for storage and connectivity within the Media and Entertainment industry,” said Arvidson.
* ThunderLink acts as an external Thunderbolt to Fibre Channel, SAS or 10GbE adapter, connecting all-in-one systems and mobile computing platforms to 8Gb/s Fibre Channel, SANs, storage devices and Ethernet networks. An ideal solution for users looking to achieve the highest I/O and data throughput for advanced video and access to IT applications.
* The Thunderbolt enabled ThunderStream storage controller adds ATTO’s industry-renowned RAID protection to SAS/SATA disk arrays, protecting data in the event of a drive failure and providing industry-leading performance with an easy to use interface. ThunderStream is available as an external solution and internal form factor for companies interested in building a custom storage solution.
“Thunderbolt delivers unparalleled performance, flexibility and simplicity to professional computing,” said Jason Ziller, Intel’s director of Thunderbolt Marketing. “Products like the Thunderlink and ThunderStream from ATTO help highlight what Thunderbolt makes possible.”
The ATTO booth will also feature ExpressSAS host and RAID adapters. Optimized for extremely low latency and high-bandwidth data transfer, the wide variety of port configurations and RAID levels offer flexibility for the most demanding applications, including 2K, 4K, 3D stereoscopic and high-definition video post production workflows. In addition to the 6Gb ExpressSAS live demo, ATTO will debut the newest addition to their direct attached storage line, the 12Gb ExpressSAS HBA, providing users even faster access to data. The new 12Gb SAS offers 8 or 16 port configurations, allowing up to 1,200 MB/s per port to enhance the performance of streaming media applications, plus enables scalability for next generation platforms and infrastructures.
ATTO has pioneered high performance network and storage connectivity in the media and entertainment industry for 25 years, enabling the shift to file based workflows and revolutionizing the capabilities of content production and delivery in ever-increasing resolutions. To see ATTO’s complete line of industry leading products at IBC, visit their booth at #7-F41, or go to www.attotech.com/products.
To learn more about ATTO, please visit: http://www.attotech.com.
Follow ATTO on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ATTOTechnology
About ATTO Technology, Inc.
In our 25th year, ATTO Technology, Inc. is a global leader of storage and network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments. ATTO provides a wide range of end-to-end solutions to help customers better store, manage and deliver their data. With a focus toward markets that require higher performance, ATTO manufactures host adapters, RAID adapters, network adapters, RAID storage controllers, Thunderbolt™-enabled Desklink™ devices, bridges, switches and software. ATTO solutions are based on providing a high level of connectivity to all storage interfaces including Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, iSCSI, 10GbE, FCoE and Thunderbolt. ATTO distributes its products worldwide through Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), systems integrators, VARs and authorized resellers.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.