National Geographic Kids Launches Beta Brand-Ambassador Program
WASHINGTON — National Geographic Kids today announced the launch of its “National Geographic Kids Insider” beta brand-ambassador program. Thirty-three bloggers were selected to participate in the flagship program, which will run through Feb. 28, 2014. During this time, the “Insiders” will get a behind-the-scenes look at National Geographic Kids, including interviews with authors, explorers and editors, review copies of books, exclusive event invitations and a badge for their website.
“We’re very impressed by this group of bloggers — they are editors, doctors, writers, travelers, photographers and above all, parents committed to the same mission we have — raising a generation of kids who are inspired to care about our planet,” said Nancy Feresten, senior vice president, National Geographic Kids Publishing and Media. “We look forward to working with each of them to share more about National Geographic Kids and our mission.
National Geographic Kids, a nonprofit mission-based organization and a leader in the kids space, has been building the “Insider” program over the past year. As families continue to go “digital,” National Geographic Kids wants to meet the parents where they are — online.
“As a parent, I know how important the blogging community is for finding information, inspiration and support, and that’s why we wanted to create a way to connect with a select group of bloggers on a more intimate level,” said Anna Irwin, director of the National Geographic Kids Insider program. “These online superstars share our passion for nurturing the next generation of explorers, and we can’t wait to see what we can create together.”
The National Geographic Insiders and their blogs are:
• Holly Ambrose, Tropic of Mom
• Jill Amery, Urban Mommies
• Shelby Barone, OC Mom Blog
• Leticia Barr, Tech Savvy Mama
• Buzz Bishop, DadCamp
• Megan Broutian, Behavioral Child
• Deborah Cruz, The Truth About Motherhood
• Kathy Dalton, Adventure Mom
• Janis Brett Elspas, Mommy Blog Expert
• Samantha Feuss, Have Sippy Will Travel
• Jeannett Gibson, Life Rearranged
• Dr. Deborah Gilboa, Ask Doctor G
• Robyn Good, Celeb Baby Laundry
• Sarah Grosjean, Capitally Frugal DC
• Kelly Hutchinson, Makobi Scribe
• Niri Jaganth, Mommy Niri
• Candace Lindemann, Naturally Educational
• Nicole Melancon, Third Eye Mom
• Nicole Morgan, Sisters from Another Mister
• Tracy Morrison, Sellabit Mum
• Fadra Nally, All Things Fadra
• Diane Nassy, Philzendia
• Meagan Paullin, Sunshine and Sippy Cups
• Melissa Pezza, The Mommyhood Chronicles
• Kyran Pittman, Planting Dandelions
• Crystal Rapinchuk, Surviving a Teacher’s Salary
• Kerry Rivera, Breadwinning Mama
• Gigi Ross, KludgyMom
• Ashley Sears, Crunchy Frugalista
• Angela Sellari, About a Mom
• Rosalynda Thorn, Mommy Powers
• Chrissy Watson, The Outlaw Mom
• Celeste Whitehead, Organic Mommy Today
The National Geographic Kids Insiders were selected because of their passion for getting children to explore the world around them. At the end of the six-month term, the application process will reopen to the public, and a new team of “Insiders” will be selected.
About National Geographic Kids
National Geographic Kids inspires young adventurers to explore the world through award-winning magazines, books, apps, games, toys, videos, events and a website, and is the only kids brand with a world-class scientific organization at its core. National Geographic Kids magazine (10 issues per year) and Little Kids magazine (six issues per year) are photo-driven publications available on newsstands or by subscription in print and on tablets. The award-winning website kids.nationalgeographic.com excites kids about the planet through games, videos, contests, photos, quizzes and blogs about cultures, animals and destinations. National Geographic Kids Books is the leading nonfiction publisher with 50 titles each year, including the New York Times bestseller “Kids Almanac.” National Geographic Kids Games engages kids to learn through play with games like the online virtual animal world of Animal Jam and the interactive TV experience of Nat Geo Kinect TV. National Geographic Kids Apps bring the best of National Geographic Kids to smartphones and tablets.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.