Mazda to introduce an iPod® adapter Specially Developed for its Factory-installed Audio System
Mazda is the first in the world to deploy worldwide
August 4, 2006, Mazda Motor Corporation will introduce an iPod®1 connection adapter with which the owner can connect an Apple’s iPod digital music player to Mazda’s factory-installed audio system, allowing the occupants to enjoy music stored in the iPod.
Starting from the initial launch in Japan, on August 22, 2006, the company will put the device on sale as a dealer option through Mazda dealers in countries throughout the world.
Mazda is the first to offer iPod adapters for almost all of the brand’s models2 to be launched in the future.
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) is JPY 23,100 (including installation fee and consumption tax) in Japan.
Product features of Mazda’s iPod connection adaptor accessory
- Connected by a special adaptor to the car audio system, music can be played without compromising the iPod’s clear sound quality.
- Owners can switch to the music menu, play songs at random and control the volume with the switches on the car’s original, factory-installed Mazda audio system.
- If the steering wheel has audio control switches, the driver can control the volume and select tunes without taking his or her hands off the wheel.
- Once connected, the iPod is stowed securely in the glove compartment where it is charged.
- Operation must be done through the audio system, not using the iPod. Track information, such as the artist or album name is not displayed on the audio system.
- The adapter is compatible with the iPod models with a Dock connector including the third-generation iPod or later, iPod mini and iPod nano. It is not compatible with iPod shuffle.
1 iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
2 For some models, the iPod adaptor cannot be installed, even if the vehicle has a factory-installed audio system. Vehicles with a navigation system integrated with an audio system, vehicles with no audio system, mini cars and commercial vehicles are not included.
- Contact Information
- Corporate Communications and Liaison Division
- Mazda Motor Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.