Oracle Introduces Oracle Outsourced Manufacturing for Discrete Industries
New Oracle E-Business Suite Solution Enables Manufacturers to Proactively Mitigate Risks by Managing and Tracking Outsourced Manufacturing Business Processes
Redwood Shores, Calif.
To build and operate world class value-chains that drive profitable growth, organizations need real-time visibility and insights into business processes in order to anticipate market requirements and risks, respond to volatile market conditions, and align operations across global networks. To provide that complete level of visibility to enterprises that outsource their manufacturing to contract manufacturers, Oracle has released Oracle Outsourced Manufacturing for Discrete Industries. Part of the Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management family of applications, this new solution helps manufacturers track and manage virtually all aspects of outsourced manufacturing business processes so that they can proactively mitigate risks and achieve customer commitments.
• Extending its commitment to helping organizations power information-driven value chains, Oracle today announced Oracle Outsourced Manufacturing for Discrete Industries.
• Part of the Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management family of applications, Oracle Outsourced Manufacturing for Discrete Industries enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to track and manage virtually all aspects of the outsourced manufacturing business with one or many contract manufacturers.
• With an in-memory visualization layer that leverages Oracle Endeca Information Discovery, this new release helps customers mitigate risks to customer commitments by providing accurate and real-time visibility into the outsourced manufacturing business processes related to inventory balances, financial positions, and production bottlenecks such as quality issues, delays, and material shortages.
• To set up the entities and transaction flows related to outsourced manufacturing business processes, this new solution leverages the core capabilities of other applications within the Oracle E-Business Suite, such as Oracle Discrete Manufacturing, Oracle Inventory Management, Oracle Order Management, Oracle Purchasing, and Oracle Financial Management.
Comprehensive Mixed-Mode, Multi-Tiered Outsourced Manufacturing Solution
• The Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management family of applications integrates and automates key supply chain processes, from design, planning and procurement to manufacturing and fulfillment, enabling organizations to power information-driven value chains.
• With the release of Oracle Outsourced Manufacturing for Discrete Industries, organizations in the hi-tech, medical device, industrial manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, defense, and other discrete manufacturing industries can track key positions with subcontractors, regardless of whether they fully or partially outsource their manufacturing operations.
• In addition, by providing real-time visibility into outsourced businesses processes, the new release enables customers to:
* Gain broad visibility into the overall health of outsourced manufacturing
* Quickly view and analyze financial transactions related to subcontract orders
* Track quality issues related to supplied components and finished products
* Monitor sales and procurement activities to help meet on-time delivery
* Collaborate effectively with approved suppliers and contract manufacturers
* Analyze and negotiate service level agreements and pricing to optimize costs
* Mitigate risks related to inventory bottlenecks across manufacturing partners
• “Enterprises that outsource their manufacturing to contract manufacturers need the ability to track the health of their outsourcing business to quickly identify and proactively mitigate any risks related to customer commitments,” said Cliff Godwin, senior vice president, Oracle Applications development. “With the addition of Oracle Outsourced Manufacturing for Discrete Industries to the Oracle E-Business Suite, customers can now benefit from a fully integrated set of capabilities to manage and track virtually all aspects of the outsourced manufacturing business. This can help manufacturers reduce overall costs, settle financial commitments in a timely manner, and better collaborate with their contract manufacturers.”
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.