Watson Clinic Dramatically Increases Network Visibility and Security with Enterasys Integrated Wired and Wireless Network
Secure Core-to-Edge Data Center Solution Provides Full Control over Mission-Critical Healthcare Network
Salem, USA - Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, has delivered increased network visibility and control to Watson Clinic LLP, with an easy-to-manage and secure networking solution. After deploying a BYOD policy across its 22 locations, Watson Clinic needed a way to gain visibility and control of all the traffic and devices on the network to prevent rogue users and devices from taking over the critical services on the network. Since working with Enterasys, not only has Watson Clinic been able to save money and time but they are now better equipped to aid patients and improve quality of care.
* Watson Clinic instituted a BYOD policy that placed no limit to the type and number of devices that users could have in any of its 22 clinic locations.
* The network serves approximately 2,500 users, including 1,600 employees, 215 physicians and guests across 22 locations with a networking IT staff of three.
* The Enterasys solution consists of Enterasys B- and C-Series stackable edge switches and S-Series modular core switches.
* Enterasys OneFabric Control Center allows the IT team to view all activity in the network environment and control network traffic in one console.
* The use of IdentiFi Wireless allows an easier, smoother transition for users to access the network securely and gain access to only those network services and applications that Watson Clinic permits.
* The solution also has interoperability with existing vendors and can integrate with all types of medical devices, from swipe card to cameras.
Jason Stiltner, Network Supervisor, Watson Clinic
“Working with Enterasys has given us the peace of mind in knowing that our network is secure. We now have visibility from the network edge, through the core, to the data center that lets us easily see if a switch is offline or if there are any errors. This is the first time we’ve ever been able to see all the network devices on a single screen.”
Bob Zemke, Healthcare Solutions Manager, Enterasys Networks
“As a clinic with multiple locations, it is imperative they are able to have full visibility into their network. We have provided Watson Clinic an easy-to-use solution that allows their IT team to not only see, but control, all the traffic and devices on their network. Not only does it deliver the needed control, but also makes network management easier and allows the IT team to focus on other projects and systems. ”
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world’s most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities. Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance. Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results. Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio. For more information, please visit:
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.