Pop-Up Popcorn, coming to a Picturehouse near you…
Bringing the big screen to the small bucket, British Airways has produced five exclusive ‘film-flavoured’ popcorn creations for its pop up film event – Silent Picturehouse. They include ‘Shaken not Stirred’ Martini popcorn, as well as ‘Suncream’ and ‘Shark bite’ flavours, available at the event.
Silent Picturehouse is a pop-up cinema, showing travel inspired movies by night and Disney films for kids by day, using Sennheiser headsets to bring the in-flight experience to life. It takes place in London next week (22-26 July). The last available tickets can be purchased at ba.com/silentpicturehouse from £7.50.
The experimental popcorn flavours will be exclusive to guests attending the matinée performances. If popular, they may even be served on board flights in the future.
Working with his experimental team, Michelin-star chef Simon Hulstone has produced the following five popcorn flavours for Silent Picturehouse, based on the films being screened:
· Shark Bite Popcorn: One bite and you’re transported to Amity Island. However, no sharks were harmed in the process – the flavouring includes prawn, tuna, seaweed and umami.
· Take My Breath Away Popcorn: A truly maverick combination of fiery chili and San Diego spices, in homage to the 80s classic hit, ‘Top Gun’.
· Shaken not Stirred Martini Popcorn: A heady mix of vermouth, olives, bitters and gin produce a ‘double-oh-heaven’ flavour, complete with shaking packet to celebrate ‘Skyfall’.
· Suncream Flavour Popcorn: A tropical concoction of coconut, Malibu, mango and passion fruit to create ‘factor wow’ sun cream, in tribute to ‘The Beach’.
· Millionaire’s Curry Caramel Popcorn: The ‘winning’ combination of mixed Indian spices, caramel sauce and creamy butter, brings ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ to your tastebuds.
Chef Simon Hulstone said; “Gourmet popcorn has become one of the food trends of the year, as well as an essential ingredient for a night at the movies. With our unique twist, the explosive and indulgent flavours will bring the films alive. The subtle smell of spices when watching ‘Slumdog’, the hint of martini when James Bond appears on the screen, the whiff of suncream as Koh Phi Phi beach lights up the room. It’s a sensory experience, bringing visual, smell and taste senses together in this truly unique and immersive experience.”
Working with its partner the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), Silent Picturehouse will show a collection of films inspired by flying and travel. This includes, ‘Top Gun’ filmed in San Diego, summer blockbuster hit ‘Jaws’, ‘Skyfall’ filmed in various locations including Scotland, fans’ choice ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ set in Mumbai, and ‘The Beach’ which was recently *voted the number one film that inspires travel.
*British Airways polled 2,000 people using OnePolll
Guests will be treated to lip-licking hot dogs with an all-American relish, and the best ever pick ‘n’ mix with retro sweets. There will also be Taittinger Champagne, Hotel Chocolat treats and Union ice-cream, as well as cocktails inspired by the Silver Screen.
To celebrate the upcoming release of Disney’s Planes the venue transforms into Silent Picturehouse Kids during the day, showing, Disney films including; Up, Cars 2, Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Muppets and a sneak peak of Planes.
For more information, visit ba.com/silentpicturehouse
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.