Studio Pops Up a Free, Fun, Family-Friendly “Lawn Con” Destination for Comic-Con 2013, Complete with Live DJs and Picnic-Style Seating
Burbank, CA – Warner Bros. Entertainment takes over the grounds at San Diego’s Bayfront Park throughout Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 to prove the pop culture convention isn’t just for big kids — there’s tons of family fun to be had (for free!) with wee ones, too. Popping up a colorful assortment of characters and replicas from Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Warner Bros. Pictures, the free and fun “Lawn Con” — located just steps from the convention floor, between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel — will be open to the public from Thursday, July 18–Sunday, July 21, and will boast some of the biggest Titans at SDCC … literally.
• Fans can see how they measure up next to gigantic blown-up versions of Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin and Starfire — ranging from 17–30 feet tall! — from the hit Warner Bros. Animation series “Teen Titans Go!” (Tuesday nights at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network).
• To download artwork of the “Teen Titans Go!” figures, visit: http://bit.ly/1bldNs6
• As seen in “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” fans can visit a life-size LEGO model of Bag End, Bilbo Baggins’ underground home, complete with characters Gandalf, Dwalin and Bilbo, himself, among others. To see the making of these life-size builds, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_CFCkXy4o.
• DC Comics fans won’t want to miss the chance to stand side-by-side life-size LEGO models of the Dynamic Duo — Batman and Robin — as well as Super-Villain, The Joker, on display.
• Scooby-Doo and the Gang wouldn’t be able to solve half as many mysteries without the reliable Mystery Machine to transport them from town to town … and it’ll be parked on the lawn for all to see!
• Also on the lawn is a family picnic area with bench seating, providing the perfect spot to kick back and grab a snack, day or evening (with lighting for night).
• Plus, groove to the sounds of a live DJ, sponsored by Eventmaker! Different DJs will be performing Thursday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fans and their families can visit the “Lawn Con” displays each day throughout Comic-Con in Bayfront Park’s grassy expanse behind the convention center.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter @Comic_Con.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.