Hitachi Data Systems Helps Businesses Maximize Their IT Investments With New Turbocharged Infrastructure Solutions
New Flash, Unified Storage and Converged Solutions Boost Performance and Reduce TCO by up to 30 Percent to Help Customers Achieve Business Transformation and Pave the Way for Private Cloud Deployments
Ushers in New Era of Flash with One Million IOP
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today unveiled significant enhancements to three key infrastructure solutions: Hitachi Unified Storage VM (HUS VM) all flash system, Hitachi Unified Storage and Hitachi NAS Platform, and Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP). Able to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by up to 30 percent compared to alternative solutions and up to double the performance benefits of previous generations, the new turbocharged solutions maximize IT investments and help customers achieve unsurpassed operational savings despite today’s relentless data growth and cloud infrastructure complexities.
HUS VM all flash system, Hitachi Unified Storage and Hitachi NAS Platform, and the enhanced Hitachi UCP portfolio give enterprises the most efficient IT platforms on the market to accelerate insight, improve decision-making and free up resources to attain innovation that transforms businesses. Cost-effective flexibility and elasticity of private cloud deployments offer the speed and ability to sustain peak workloads. These benefits are vital to support the service levels enterprises require to meet user demands. The trio of infrastructure technologies announced today builds on the content cloud solutions and services unveiled by HDS in May 2013. They deliver the performance, efficiency and economics needed for the foundation of seamless enterprise cloud environments. The technologies also achieve a new milestone in the Hitachi Data Systems 3-tiered strategy for infrastructure, content and information, which builds on existing IT investments to provide a single virtualization platform for all data to support cloud and enable big data.
With today’s announcement, organizations can dramatically increase their pace of innovation and more effectively harness data to build competitive advantage through the following:
- Performance: Up to double the performance of alternatives for faster access to information.
- Efficiency: Increase infrastructure and IT personnel efficiency through virtualization, capacity efficiencies and auto provisioning to free up resources for more strategic initiatives to support business goals.
- Economics: Reduce TCO by up to 30 percent through unified management, auto migration and storage provisioning to accelerate business insights.
“Customers today are focused on business transformation. They need information solutions that improve business processes and simplify IT so they can, in turn, become more agile to react to market conditions and innovate more quickly,” said Roberto Basilio, vice president, Storage Platforms Product Management, Hitachi Data Systems. “The days of capex spending are behind us. The technologies we are announcing today redefine the economics of storage by delivering opex savings that are essential to a business’s bottom line. By eliminating performance hiccups associated with disparate architectures and information silos in the data center environment, HDS sets a flexible yet powerful foundation for private cloud and big data platforms that helps to accelerate insight, improve decision-making and free up resources for customers to innovate with information.”
“The enhancements HDS has just rolled out to its key flash, unified and converged storage solutions should significantly help customers to get a greater impact for their IT dollar,” said Terri McClure, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “The virtualization, efficiency and automation HDS provides can allow businesses to shift resources from tactical and maintenance operations that support the status quo to more strategic initiatives that support business goals. The fact that HDS can deploy a converged infrastructure solution and integrated computing options to support private cloud environments in less than one week is a real point of differentiation. We expect enterprises and mid-market companies to get excited about these new capabilities and quickly start reaping the benefits.”
New Hitachi Data Systems Flash, Unified and Converged Solutions
HUS VM Flash-Optimized System Software with Hitachi Accelerated Flash Storage
* Deliver up to 1,000,000 IOPS for faster access to data and acceleration of insights.
* Up to double the storage efficiency of commodity solid state drives while reducing the cost perI/O by up to 60 percent or more.
* Extend the life and improve the performance of current storage assets by using external storage virtualization and Hitachi Dynamic Tiering.
Hitachi Unified Storage and Hitachi NAS Platform
* Boast the highest performance in the industry with up to double the speed to help consolidate storage and save time and cost using file sharing technology.
* Slash hardware requirements and reduce capacity needs by up to 90 percent, with no performance degradation, by using the market’s strongest primary deduplication capabilities.
* Apply new file modules to combine file and block storage into one sleek, powerful solution that supports big data workloads and consolidates multiple NAS filers, and yields up to 30 percent lower total cost of ownership in the first year alone.
Hitachi Unified Compute Platform
* Includes Hitachi UCP Pro for VMware vSphere, UCP Select for Microsoft® Private Cloud, and UCP Select for Oracle Database Real Application Cluster.
* Can accelerate time to market by deploying new converged infrastructure solutions and integrated computing options in less than one week to support private cloud environments.
* Simplifies management functions and improves utilization to cut TCO by up to 30 percent over four years.
* Delivers up to double the performance benefits across mission-critical application environments to enable faster access to information by using flash storage and advanced server technologies.
Partner Benefits and Support
HDS Global Services help maximize value and accelerate the realization of benefits from HUS VM all flash system, Hitachi Unified Storage and Hitachi NAS Platform, and the enhanced Hitachi UCP portfolio, with comprehensive consulting, transition, managed, and support services. A partner network helps extend the value of these solutions with their skills in industries, applications, and data center infrastructures. The solutions deliver incremental services opportunities, including consulting, integration, and solutions support. Technology partners Brocade, Microsoft and VMware, and global Hitachi TrueNorth partners have endorsed the new HDS infrastructure solutions.
- Indiana University: “The Hitachi Data Systems primary storage deduplication approach is a smart approach, and we did not have to compromise how we run our business. The key is that the deduplication process is workload-aware; it throttles back when the file service load reaches a certain level of available IOPS, and then the process automatically resumes when the system becomes less busy. This means there is no impact to a user’s performance.” – Troy D. Williams, manager, Storage and Virtualization
- Infosys: “We count on the reliability of Hitachi Data Systems for our most critical workloads. The flash technology, along with dynamic tiering, addresses our needs of high data growth along with higher performance by delivering sub-millisecond response times. Best of all, it protected our existing investments while seamlessly integrating with our storage architecture without any disruption.” – Jitendra Sangharajka, associate VP, Information Systems
- Precision Discovery: “Technology can be a matter of luck, money or commodity. But the right technology and support help us get where we want to go, quickly and wisely. Because of what we’ve accomplished and what we continue to accomplish with Hitachi Data Systems, we are poised to continuously evolve as a company and team, and to bring a plethora of new offerings to market very soon. The new Hitachi UCP solutions are an exciting addition to an already strong portfolio of technology.” – Howard Holton, director, IT
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility, and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets (ROA), and demonstrable business impact. With approximately 6,000 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Our products, services and solutions are trusted by the world’s leading enterprises, including more than 70% of the Fortune 100 and more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100. Visit us at www.HDS.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 326,000 employees worldwide. The company’s consolidated revenues for fiscal 2012 (ended March 31, 2013) totaled 9,041 billion yen ($96.1 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes infrastructure systems, information & telecommunication systems, power systems, construction machinery, high functional material & components, automotive systems and others. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hitachi.com.
© Hitachi Data Systems Corporation 2013. All rights reserved. HITACHI is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. Innovate With Information is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi Data Systems Corporation. All other trademarks, service marks, and company names are properties of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.