Nike unveil new Arsenal away kit for season 2013-14
Stylish away kit inspired by club tradition
Arsenal’s new away kit for the upcoming season fuses the club’s traditional away colours of yellow and blue with a distinct contemporary style.
The shirt is yellow with a blue polo collar and deep blue cuffs on the sleeves, both featuring a thin yellow stripe. The polo-shirt collar reflects the best of London style, from fine gentleman’s tailoring to urban street wear.
The new away shorts are blue, and the socks feature the traditional Arsenal hoop sock design in blue and yellow. The club was the first to wear socks featuring hoops in the 1930s under the innovative stewardship of manager Herbert Chapman.
“The kit looks and feels great. Arsenal is synonymous with yellow and blue and I think this new design fuses that tradition with a modern twist. I can’t wait to get out on the pitch and wear it,” said winger Theo Walcott.
In addition to providing the team with a striking new look, the kit also showcases Nike’s inherent belief in style, craft and strong aesthetics, while aiding the performance of players with a range of key technological features.
• The kit is made from recycled polyester in accord with Nike’s commitment to produce athletic wear with a low environmental impact. The shirt and shorts of each kit are made from up to thirteen recycled plastic water bottles.
• In the pioneering process plastic bottles are melted down to form yarn that is spun into recycled polyester, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 percent compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
• Since 2010, Nike has diverted more than 1.1 billion plastic bottles from landfills through the use of recycled polyester.
Fabric and Nike Dri-FIT
• The kit is made of fabric weighing just 150 grams, 23 percent lighter than previous Nike kits. It also boasts a 20 percent stronger knit structure and significantly improved stretch.
• The fabric is integrated with Nike Dri-FIT technology to draw sweat away from the body to keep players cool and dry.
• Updated and improved ventilation zones consisting of tiny laser-cut holes on both sides and across the entire back of the shirt, as well as at the shorts’ waistband allows more air inside the kit for additional comfort and cooling.
Fit and construction
• Nike embarked on an innovative program creating 3D body scans of some of the world’s leading footballers to produce a more athletic fit tailored to the contours of their bodies.
• It has been crafted with bonded T-bars at the junctions of the shirts to support the seams and inner welded seams with a clean finish to give a more striking appearance while also increasing comfort and performance.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.