More of the World’s TOP500 Supercomputers Trust DataDirect Networks for Best Analytics and Simulation Performance, Scale and Lowest TCO
As the Trusted Brand for Public and Commercial Sector Computing, DDN Powers Nearly Half of the World’s 250 Largest and Fastest Computers
• DataDirect Networks (DDN) continues its leadership of the TOP500.org global supercomputer rankings, today powering nearly half of the world’s 250 largest computers.
• As the premier global list that ranks clustered computers by performance, the TOP500 list is a testament to the computer power of clustered computer systems that are being used across high performance computing (HPC) markets.
• More than two-thirds of the top 100 and one-third of top 500 supercomputers are powered by DDN. Notable new DDN® deployments among the top 100 systems include No. 2, Oak Ridge National Laboratory; No. 6, Texas Advanced Computing Center at the University of Texas in Austin; No. 11, Total; No. 24, the National Energy Scientific Computing Center, and No. 46, Indiana University.
• With major deployments worldwide, DDN also boasts partnerships with leading HPC systems vendors and providers including Bull, Cray, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, IBM and SGI.
• With a mature and innovative product portfolio to address the complete Big Data and HPC data workflow, DDN continues to show strong gains among leading commercial HPC practices, including Energy Exploration, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Finance, Internet and more.
• According to a recent IDC market study, storage is the fastest growing area in HPC sites . As more and more enterprises look to adopt the tools and technologies used in today’s leading HPC centers, DDN is also seeing an expanding number of commercial use cases for DDN storage.
• Delivering the highest level of platform scalability and performance efficiency, DDN products enable HPC clusters to accelerate discovery and minimize the cost of computing.
Tweet This: @ddn_limitless increases global footprint among #Top500 fastest supercomputers http://bit.ly/14eLKFu #HPC
John Josephakis, Senior Vice President of Global HPC Sales at DDN:
• “For HPC organizations where performance, reliability, scalability and TCO are critical, DDN continues to be the trusted world leader in high-scale cluster computing. We are proud to be the fastest technology that is powering a third of the world’s most powerful computers. This latest TOP500 ranking affirms DDN’s commitment to solving the challenges of high-scalability – and we’re re-investing our successes in the next generation of scale to continue our quest to minimize the cost of computing in the exascale era.”
DDN is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world’s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN’s solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world’s most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today’s information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2013 All rights reserved. DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture, SFA12K, WOS, DirectMon, hScaler and Information In Motion are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.