Special Access and Spectacular Wildlife in the Sub-Antarctic Islands with Zegrahm Expeditions
20-Day Luxury Voyage takes Travelers from Tasmania to New Zealand to Explore some of the World’s Most Remote and Wildlife-Rich Islands
Seattle, WA – Zegrahm Expeditions, the world leader in small-ship cruising and overland adventures, is honored to be granted exclusive access to visit the fragile Sub-Antarctic Islands as part of its November 2013 expedition—Tasmania to New Zealand: A Voyage through the Sub-Antarctic Islands. With wildlife encounters that rival destinations like South Georgia and the Galápagos, the Sub-Antarctic Islands offer opportunities for travelers to spot over half the world’s albatross species; eight penguin species, including five endemics; unfathomable numbers and varieties of birds; as well as elephant, leopard, and fur seals; unique marsupials; and dolphins.
“We feel extremely grateful to the governments of Australia and New Zealand for granting us permission to visit these far-flung islands,” stated Zegrahm President Edwin Blythe. “As one of the few tour operators allowed to travel here each year, we can truly provide our travelers with a once-in-a-lifetime wildlife viewing experience.”
Highlights of Zegrahm’s exploration of the Sub-Antarctic Islands include:
- Macquarie Island: One of the premier wildlife sites in the world, Macquarie Island features vast numbers of penguins, albatross, and seals; and is the only place on the planet where you can find royal penguins.
- Campbell Island: Enjoy up-close views of southern royal albatross, second in size to the wandering albatross, the largest of all flying birds. The combination of broad bays, vertical headlands, and surf-washed beaches is a photographer’s dream.
- Enderby Island: Sheltered by a canopy of twisted and gnarled rata forest, travelers will find red-crowned parakeets, yellow-eyed penguins, royal albatross, light-mantled sooty albatross, and some of the rarest endemics in the world—Auckland shag, Auckland flightless teal, and the snipe—plus beaches covered with Hooker’s sea lions.
- Snares Islands: Home to millions of seabirds that darken the sky each dawn and dusk, along with the endemic Snares crested penguin.
In addition to these amazing wildlife encounters, adventurers will be treated to five days exploring Tasmania and cruising through New Zealand’s picturesque Dusty, Doubtful, and Milford sounds. This 20-day journey aboard the all-suite, 100-passenger Caledonian Sky takes place November 25 – December 14, 2013 and is priced from $13,980 per person.
For more information about Zegrahm or to make a reservation on an upcoming expedition, please visit www.zegrahm.com or call 1-800-628-8747.
# # #
Seattle-based Zegrahm Expeditions Inc., founded in 1990, is a leading adventure travel company specializing in small-ship expedition cruises, tours, and safaris to remote and intriguing destinations around the world. Led by expert guides and lecturers, Zegrahm itineraries are carefully crafted and all-inclusive, feature deluxe accommodations, and operate in all seven continents.
- Contact Information
- Kelsey Tomascheski
- PR & Communication Manager
- Zegrahm Expeditions
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.