Meet Tile™ -- The Community Driven Device that Ensures You Never Lose Your Stuff Again
Makers of innovative Bluetooth Low Energy device for finding lost stuff aim to raise $20,000 in Selfstarter campaign, and need your help!
BURLINGAME, Calif. – (June 20, 2012)— Lost keys. A misplaced wallet. A stolen bike or guitar. Everyone has dealt with the hassle, frustration and stress that comes with losing their things, but today a new company, Tile, is launching a matchbook-sized Bluetooth Low Energy device that aims to ignite a community movement around keeping track of the small, or big, items in life. Through a Selfstarter campaign, Tile’s goal is to raise $20,000 to begin production for its small device that will prevent people from ever losing important items again. Anyone interested in preordering Tiles may do so here.
Tile is the first device of its kind. While competitors are restricted by Bluetooth’s typical connectivity range of 100 feet, Tile’s range can go far beyond that by using the Bluetooth connection of neighboring iPhones running the Tile app to cast a wider search net.
If you mark a Tile outside of your range as missing, Tile sends out a signal that puts other Tile apps on the search for your missing item. This all happens in the background, and means that if someone else running the Tile app comes within range of your lost object, the Tile app will discretely and securely identify your item and send you a notification of its location. Not even the person whose Tile app picked up your lost item’s location will know that their phone just found your item. Your Tiles are always secure and are not viewable on anyone else’s Tile app unless you share your Tiles with designated friends and family. Once enough people are using Tile in your area, you are able to watch your personal Tiles move on the Tile app map from anywhere.
With each $25 Tile, you can manage and find the items that matter most to you, with no need to ever charge or replace batteries. And after a year, you’ll be reminded to recycle your old tiles and purchase new ones. Tile makes it super simple to switch out your Tiles, and sends you a yearly reminder a month in advance, which includes a pre-addressed shipping package for easy mailing of your old Tile.
Tile’s Features Include:
- Locate and manage multiple Tiles on the Tile app, the accompanying iOS application
- Easily view how far away you are from your lost Tile’s signal, within a 100-150 foot radius
- When your Tile is outside of its Bluetooth range, use the Tile app’s Last Place Seen feature to discover where you left your item behind
- Share your Tiles with family, roommates, friends or coworkers to make it incredibly easy for trusted acquaintances to help each other find lost items
- Tile is secure. Only you will be able to see where your Tiles are on your Tile app. The only way anyone else can ever see your Tiles on their personal account is if you explicitly share access. Additionally, Tile never shares your location with others.
- Login to your friend’s Tile app to find your lost Tile if you don’t have your iPhone or iPad
- ‘Ring’ your misplaced Tile from your Tile app to make finding items easier
- Find lost items at a distance thanks to Tile’s community network
- No need to ever charge a Tile or replace batteries. After a year, you will be reminded when to order a new Tile
- Thanks to the Bluetooth Low Energy connection, Tile works completely wirelessly
“Tile is changing the world by making lost and misplaced belongings a thing of the past. We are giving people back hours of their lives that were previously wasted searching for missing possessions,” said Tile co-founder and CEO Nick Evans. “Today we are launching a movement that will revolutionize the way we find lost items, by bringing the entire Tile community together to make the system more robust for everyone.”
Tile officially launches on June 20th, 2013 and hopes to raise $20,000 to begin production. “Early bird” pricing will start at $15 and lasts one day only. For the remainder of the campaign, single Tiles can be purchased for $19 and after the campaign, Tile will retail for around $25. Using Selfstarter, the open-sourced crowdfunding platform from the creators of Lockitron, the Tile preorder campaign will run through July 23rd, 2013 with the product shipping Winter 2013/14.
Find out more and help fund Tile here: www.thetileapp.com
Started in 2012 by established software and hardware engineers, Mike Farley and Nick Evans, Tile imagines and creates the world’s next disruptive technology products. The inaugural product is Tile, a device that finds lost items. With Tile, losing stuff is no longer a thing. Tile is serious about making simple products anyone can use. Tile is based in Burlingame, CA.
TILE and the TILE design are trademarks of Reveal Labs
- Contact Information
- Christina Shatzen
- Account Manager
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.