Renault announces its award-winning suppliers in three categories: quality, innovation & CSR
Renault’s Chief Operating Officer, Carlos Tavares, and Christian Vandenhende, Senior Vice President, Purchasing, and Chairman of RNPO (Renault-Nissan Purchasing Organization) awarded 12 suppliers trophies yesterday.
Awarded independently of size, country of origin and field of activity, the trophies reward the best suppliers for their results in 2012 in three categories viewed as priorities for Renault: quality, innovation and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility).
According to Carlos Tavares, “Performance can only be achieved as part of a long-lasting relationship built on trust between manufacturers and suppliers. In recent years, Renault has strengthened its mode of collaborating with its suppliers so that they become true partners. Quality, innovation and CSR are the three fundamental pillars of this relationship.”
“Recognizing and rewarding our suppliers’ outstanding performance and commitment with these trophies also helps to build partnerships that last,” adds Christian Vandenhende.
Eight quality awards
Renault’s Purchasing organization makes an important contribution to reaching the Group’s ambitious quality standards, because maintaining high standards of quality inevitably demands close collaboration with suppliers.
The quality trophies express Renault’s recognition of its suppliers’ capacity to find the right solutions, meet delivery deadlines and produce quality parts.
The winners in the Quality category are:
- Faital (loudspeakers),
- Sanden Corporation (compressors)
- Axson France SAS (sealing and anti-chipping mastic),
- Gris Découpage (roller bearings),
- Componente Auto S.A. (anti-roll bars),
- Denso Manufacturing Argentina SA (air conditioning systems),
- Hanjoo Metal Co ltd (wheels)
BorgWarner Inc received a special award for its remarkable standards of quality across a very broad range of products (engine systems, gearbox components, timing, engine sealing, air intake, engine exhaust).
One innovation award
Renault’s strategy has been driven by innovation for 100 years, always with the same ambition to make innovation both affordable and easy to use.
This year’s innovation award went to Atos for its R-Link, an innovation that allows Renault to sell a range of connected services that are in the forefront of the automotive sector.
Three CSR awards (corporate social responsibility)
For the second year in succession, Renault awarded trophies for its suppliers’ commitment to corporate social responsibility.
The winners of the CSR awards are:
- Borda Viva (an NGO promoting the development of skills in this Brazilian community) for its woven hail-proof nets used to protect new vehicles stored in car parks.
- The Dow Chemical Company (window and safety adhesives) for its good sustainable development results (Ecovadis score).
- Estaş (camshafts) for the efforts it has made concerning the social and environmental criteria of its site in Turkey (A rating in the latest audits in April 2012).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.