The PR of Pain: Crisis Communications in Tough Times---How to Announce Layoffs, Shortfalls and Other Bad News While Preserving Your Reputation
Bulldog Reporter’s PR University Presents a New Master Class Webinar
NewMediaWire via WebWire
Oakland, CA - (NewMediaWire) - June 05, 2013 - PR professionals looking to develop a bullet-proof crisis plan before any adverse situation strikes a client or company should attend this new 90-minute webinar from PR University.
PR pros who attend The PR of Pain: Crisis Communications in Tough Times---How to Announce Layoffs, Shortfalls and Other Bad News While Preserving Your Reputation will also learn how to guide management, and confidently manage and communicate bad news in ways that reduce damage while rebuilding trust, strengthening reputation and sustaining brand equity.
This exclusive PR University webinar takes place on Friday, June 7, at 1PM EDT (noon CDT; 11AM MDT; 10AM PDT).
James E. Lukaszewski, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA
President, The Lukaszewski Group Division, Risdall Public Relations
What PR pros will learn:
• How to overcome management’s over-optimism about sudden change
• How to detect and deter patterns of operating problems M&As cause
• Persuasive Management Presentation Tips: How to convincingly communicate bad news patterns to trigger management action
• Why victims, critics and naysayers have so much power
• Secrets of Success: Six things bosses expect of trusted strategic advisors in bad times
• Proven Templates: Guidelines to shepherd management through bad situations
• Bad News Blunders to Avoid: Seven ways bosses stay in trouble—plus common perils, problems and bad news pitfalls to avoid at all costs
• Risk Assessment Tools: An “Exposure Management Template” to use immediately to enhance credibility with management and forecast impending problems earlier
• Proven Management Communications Strategies: Easy to follow methods to engage the entire organization in the issues that need to be faced, focused on and managed
• Six irrelevant questions bosses always ask when things are bad, and the right answers
• Front Line Techniques: New ways for keeping the record straight, correcting and clarifying erroneous information—and for managing the critics, naysayers and the disgruntled, disheartened and disoriented
• Scenario Planning: Two bad news case scenarios to coach management through tough, reputation-busting situations
• Contention reduction management principles—and how to apply them
• How to answer tough, sensitive and emotional questions—plus how to deal with irrational people, groups and ideas
• Nine steps to forgiveness and trust restoration: How to tap the power of candor when the chips are down
• Key questions every communicator must ask and answer when faced with bad news announcements
• Media Relations Update: What to do when the media call about bad news—plus proven tactics for neutralizing aggressive journalist “badvocates”
• Best and Worst Practices: Real-life techniques and secrets of organizations who have been successful at communicating bad news—plus lessons from those who blew it big time
For more details, go to the conference home page.
Bulldog Reporter’s PR University produces over 60 high-level professional development conferences per yearwith extraordinary speakers on media relations skills, PR measurement, crisis communications, advanced PR technology, social media, and the nation’s most influential media—a complete professional development program to meet all your training and updating needs.
Attendance at this Bulldog Reporter PR University webinar costs just $299 per login. Participants in this 90-minute webinar will be able to pose specific questions for the presenter at several junctures during the discussion.
Attendees of PR University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual. For more information on taking part in the event, go to the conference home page or for personalized service and special offers please contact one of our sales consultants toll free at: 1-800-959-1059.
- Contact Information
- Jacques Gautreaux
- Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Bulldog Reporter
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.