Mila, the Local, Peer-to-Peer Mobile Marketplace for Tasks & Errands, Launches Apps for Apple iPhone and Android
Since March 2013 Launch, Transactions have Tripled; House Cleaning, Gardening and Help Moving Most Popular Jobs
Zurich, Switzerland — Thursday, 30 May 2013 — Today Mila, the location-based, mobile peer-to-peer marketplace for tasks and services, launches on iPhone and Android devices to give local people a faster, more convenient way to get errands and services done, and to give service providers a way to find extra work and jobs in their local neighbourhoods.
“We believe that everyone is looking to save time: whether it is by getting help to get a task or errand done, or when they are trying to find extra work or jobs. In addition to our desktop and mobile Web site, our new apps for iPhone and Android will give people in local neighborhoods an easier, faster, more convenient way to post the tasks they need to get done, or, in the case of people providing services, the ability to respond quickly and at any time to people’s requests,” says Mila CEO Manuel Grenacher.
Mila’s apps helps busy people get more of their daily tasks and errands done by allowing them to request help from friendly people or small businesses in their local neighborhoods with a few taps of their iPhone or Android smartphone -- perfect for when people are on the go. The apps sync with Mila’s desktop and mobile Web version, so that people can choose the format that is most convenient to them at any time of day.
When a person posts a request for a service or for a task to be accomplished to Mila – for example, to build a flat-packed bed, to help clear an overgrown garden, or to install a wireless network at home – local people or small businesses can offer to provide or fulfill it.
Mila provides a convenient place for the transaction to take place and payments can be made either in cash, credit card, or through the safety of Paypal.
Since launching in March, Mila users are crossing more tasks off their “to do” list. Completed jobs or tasks are rising steadily. In April compared to the previous month, the number of completed Needs tripled in Zürich, where the most popular services include house cleaning, gardening and moving. In Jakarta, the most popular services include language tutoring, shared rides, and domestic chores. Mila is also helping local people and small businesses find more work: the tasks and needs that are posted on Mila are completed by providers or people typically within a 1-3 kilometer radius.
Mila is currently available around the world and in particular Berlin, Germany; Zurch, Switzerland; and Jakarta, Indonesia. Aside from our new iOS and Android apps, Mila is available on the desktop and mobile Web.
Features of Mila for iPhone and Android:
As a person or buyer looking to get a task or errand accomplished:
- Browse local services offered by friendly people or businesses matching buyer’s need or task to be done.
- Or, post a specific need or task to the community and specify by when it needs to get done by and how much the buyer is willing to pay.
- Communicate with the person offering the product or service through Mila’s secure messaging and agree upon the details of the deal, like where, when and how much.
- Pay for the completed service through the safety and convenience of PayPal or cash.
- Rate the person or small business who completed the task: Only when the task is completed and the payment has been made can the two sides rate one another.
As a person or small business selling or offering services to accomplish a task or errand:
- Create a provider profile and enter the details of your offering with photos and a description to increase the attractiveness of your service or product.
- Get found by people looking for services or actively browse the posts for those looking to get a job done.
- Communicate with the person posting for help or a product and negotiate the details of the deal.
- Receive fast and secure payments via credit card, Mila’s cash payment system, or Paypal and collect ratings to further build up trustworthiness.
To download the Mila app for iPhone click here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mila/id647207324?ls=1&mt=8
To download the Mila app on Android click here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mila.android
To see how Mila works, watch our video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvcF73jljQA
See www.mila.com for more information
Mila is a location-based mobile marketplace available on the web, mobile web, and mobile apps, for tasks and errands that lets people find, discover and buy services from friendly and skilled people in their neighborhood. As a peer to peer marketplace, Mila wants to help transform the idea of work, allowing people with spare time, or those with small businesses, to become micro entrepreneurs and to help busy people find the right people to get their errands or tasks done. Mila was established in 2013 as a spinoff of Swiss-based technology company coresystems, which specializes in building mobile platforms. Today, Mila has offices in Zurich, Switzerland; Shanghai, China; New York, USA, London, UK and Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- Contact Information
- Dianne See Morrison
- PR & Content Consultant
- On Message Media
- (1) 7988 539 21
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.