Oracle Furthers Innovation for Utilities Industry
Electric, Gas and Water Utilities Worldwide Improve Customer Service with Oracle Utilities Solutions
• As utilities continue to enhance their customer experience with proactive communication, flexible programs, variable pricing and use of social media, Oracle continues to innovate solutions for utility industry business needs.
• Oracle Utilities is a leader in the industry with new releases of its world class customer information system, customer self-service solution, smart grid gateway solution and meter data management system, the only fully integrated meter-to-cash process for today’s utilities.
• Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2.1 helps utilities reduce implementation time with new capabilities for the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) transition process, and enhanced service order generation based on detection of conditions that require further investigation.
• Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing 2.4 enables utilities to offer integrated program management, more net energy metering options and prepaid metering for AMI, virtually eliminating the need to integrate to other systems. Together with the integration and interoperability with Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management, Oracle offers utilities a solution to the issues typically faced when integrating Customer Information System (CIS) and Meter Data Management (MDM) systems.
• These latest product announcements come on the heels of several earlier Oracle Utilities product launches including:
* Oracle Utilities Operational Device Management 2.0, which helps utilities manage smart grid asset change, configuration and inventory.
* AMI vendor adapters (including Landis+Gyr, Echelon, Silver Spring Networks, Sensus and Itron OpenWay) for Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway 2.0, which provide utilities with a simplified link between smart grid devices and the applications that use their data.
* Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service 2.0.1, a Web self-service platform that helps utilities give their customers online options for paying bills, requesting service, viewing outage information and reviewing usage data including Green Button functionality.
• In addition, Oracle’s recent acquisition of DataRaker offers a cloud-based analytics platform that enables electric, gas and water utilities the ability to leverage vast amounts of data to drive operational efficiency and improve the customer experience.
• Oracle continues to work with leading utilities on this industry transformation such as Avista Utilities, Alliant Energy, Fayetteville Public Works Commission, Greenville Utilities Commission, Lee County Electric Cooperative, and South Jersey Gas. Some of the utilities that have gone live and updated their fully integrated customer platforms in the past year include AboitizPower, Aetra Air Jakarta, Green Mountain Power and Middlesex Water.
• “We are looking forward to upgrading to Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing 2.4. We are really going to benefit from the new rating capabilities coming in this release. With its improved flexibility and ability to have reusable rule groups, this will allow us to greatly streamline our billing process and enable us to be even more responsive to the customer,” said Bryan Lewis, Manager, Retail Services, Santee Cooper.
• “Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2.1 and Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing 2.4 represent the latest updates of many product innovations delivered to our customers in the last year. Oracle Utilities is committed to providing solutions with new business features and enhanced technical architecture that will help position utilities for success today and the future, while increasing flexibility and reducing the total implementation cost,” said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management and cloud analytics applications with the capabilities of Oracle’s industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company’s best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.