The Weather Channel App for iPhone Now Offers Consumers an Immediate, Exact View of When to Expect Rain to Start and Stop
New app delivers the most important weather information directly
to the home screen with new live tiles
ATLANTA – The Weather Company announced today an update of The Weather Channel App for iPhone and iPod touch. The Weather Channel App, available now on iTunes on mobile devices, offers new live tiles on the home screen for immediate access to radar, forecasts and new video. The app displays an immediate view of weather conditions with exact timing of when rain will begin and end, giving users a better idea of how weather will affect their day.
“Our new app is more relevant – whether it’s an image that displays your local weather or helps to better plan your day based on rain start/stop times, it’s all about how the weather matters to each consumer,” said Cameron Clayton, president, digital division, at The Weather Company.
The Weather Channel App offers each consumer tailored, more immediate weather and interaction for a richer understanding of how weather impacts his or her day. It continues to provide easy access to current conditions, severe weather information, hourly forecasts, 36-hour forecasts, 10-day forecasts, and weather maps with optional layers. New features include:
• Precipitation tab that appears when rain or snow is expected during the next six hours, with a narrative description of weather conditions, ie. “expect rain until 4 p.m.,” or “snow starting at 7:15 a.m.”
• Live tile buttons directly on the home page, including live local radar, the latest must-see weather videos and updated pollen or seasonal information
• Cleaner, updated design and navigation
• Improved severe weather notification
• Beautiful, relevant imagery and weather-triggered backgrounds
• New video page with a better selection of videos
• Option to expand detailed weather data that is collapsed for a better visual experience
• Access to the My Friends’ Weather social integration within the severe tab to keep up with the local weather that affects your family and friends on Facebook
• Automatic updates of localized weather, using your current TruPointSM location
As exclusive partner of the new branded background, the Jeep® brand will be the first to take advantage of the immersive full-screen unit within the app. The branded background offers weather-triggered, dayparted creative for more relevant storytelling and a more integrated experience for both the consumer and advertiser.
Make the most of every day with the help of The Weather Channel App for iPhone and iPod touch. The free app is available from iTunes online or from mobile and tablet devices. The Weather Channel Max App, an ad-free version of the same app, is also available for $3.99. For more details and to view a video, visit www.weather.com/apps/iphone.
The Weather Company: Where the World Gets its Weather
Through The Weather Channel, weather.com, Weather Underground, Intellicast.com and third-party publishing partners, the company provides millions of people every day with the world’s best weather forecasts, content and data, connecting with them through television, online, mobile and tablet screens. Through WSI and Weather Central, the company delivers superior professional weather services for the media, aviation, marine and energy sectors. The Weather Company is owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital. For more information, visit www.weather.com/press.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.