Pioneer integrates iPhone 5 connectivity with 2013 line-up of in-dash navigation systems to keep drivers connected
Pioneer Europe unveils three new navigation systems for 2013 that offer advanced route guidance, multimedia entertainment and smartphone connectivity functions. The new AVIC-F50BT, AVIC-F950DAB and AVIC-F950BT include iPhone 5 compatibility as well as high resolution WVGA touch screen displays ranging from 6.1- to 7-inches, a new mapping interface with real-time traffic information, a new graphical user interface (GUI), AppRadio Mode, built-in Bluetooth functionality, USB connectivity, DAB technology (AVIC-F950DAB only), DVD/CD/MP3 playback, and more.
Advanced smartphone integration
• Enhanced iPhone 5 connectivity: the new navigation units now include enhanced connectivity with the iPhone 5 via the optional CD-IH202 kit (€ 50 suggested retail price) and two accessories from Apple, the Lightning to USB cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter, required for compatibility with new models.
• AppRadio Mode: each model is equipped with Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode that offers an “AppRadio-like” experience for both iPhone and Android owners, giving users the ability to access and control dozens of apps directly from the navigation system’s large touchscreen display when connected to an iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, or a compatible Android device. The complete list of compatible apps can be consulted at http://www.pioneer.eu/appradiomode.
• Bluetooth wireless connectivity: Bluetooth1 connectivity is built-in to provide a wireless communication and data connection to Bluetooth enabled devices.
• Aha Radio: with the free Aha Radio app, available for iOS and Android operating systems, users can enjoy audio content from tens of thousands of audio stations, including web content like internet music, news, audio books, social newsfeeds, restaurant information and much more.
• The AVIC-F950DAB incorporates a DAB radio tuner, embracing the growing trend of digital audio broadcasts that provide high-quality digital sound through improved signal reception and easy programme selection
• RDS-TMC services provide an overlay of real-time traffic events and conditions on the navigation map and allow users to create routes (or re-route) to minimise traffic delays
• A comprehensive map database from NAVTEQ
• 8GB of built in flash memory for fast access of mapping information
• A large 7-inch touch screen (6.1-inch for AVIC-F950DAB and AVIC-F950BT)
• HDMI/Component video input for smartphone connection
• DVD playback
• Dual Zone capability for independent rear seat audio/video playback
• USB connectivity2 for playback of audio/video media stored on a flash drive, hard drive, media player and/or smartphone
• An SD card slot (micro SD for AVIC-F950DAB and AVIC-F950BT)
• A back-up camera input (includes parking graphic guidelines)
• A semi-detachable face (AVIC-F950DAB and AVIC-F950BT)
The AVIC-F50BT, the AVIC-F950BT and AVIC-F950DAB navigation systems will be available in April.
Notes to editors
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing an USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) contents and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorised copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
iPhone, iPod, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Follow us on:
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.