1 out of 4 Americans finding GERD hard to stomach; New book promises relief
GERD or Acid Reflux Disease has reached epidemic proportions in the U.S. Once dismmissed as heartburn or indigestion, it is now recognized as a very serious health issue. New book “GERD & Acid Reflux Solutions” details treatment and relief.
Tuesday March 19, 2013, Antioch CA –– Reaching epidemic proportions, 25% of Americans have GERD, also know as acid reflux disease. Just as alarming, a severe complication of the disease, esophageal cancer has become the fastest growing cancer diagnosis in the U.S.
To meet the needs of people looking ways to prevent, treat and relieve GERD, health & wellness writer Howard VanEs has produced a new book which will be given away free on Amazon Saturday March 23, 2013 and Sunday September 24, 2013. The book is tilted: “GERD and Acid Reflux Solutions, Your guide to prevention, treatment, cures, & relief!” It can be downloaded on Amazon using the following link: http://www.amazon.com/Solutions-prevention-treatment-Letsdoyoga-com-ebook/dp/B0090RIY8E/ref
In the past GERD was often diagnosed simply as heartburn or indigestion, however it is now known that it can be the cause of significant distress on various levels and can lead severe complications.Left untreated acid reflux disease can be the ultimate cause of significant health issues including ulcers, bleeding, and esophageal cancer.
GERD develops when the contents of the stomach leak backwards into the esophagus. Specifically, it is the acid from the stomach that is or “refluxed” up the throat, causing the most common symptom which is heartburn.
Other symptoms associated with GERD include unexplained chest pain particularly at night, excessive burping and belching, sleeping problems, abdominal pain, unexplained weight loss and more, breathing problems and other complications.
Risk factors of those who are most likely to develop the disease possess one or more of the following:
- Overweight or obese
- White males over 50
- Heavy smokers and drinkers
- Those who have a lot of stress in their lives
- Pregnant women (The condition usually resolves itself after pregnancy.)
VanEs’s book explains why GERD has become so prevalent, offers a clear understanding of what is happening inside the body when GERD is present, and gives the reader insight and tools to prevent, reverse, and manage this illness.
In “GERD & Acid Reflux Solutions,” readers will discover:
- How to identify risk factors & warning signs to take charge of their health before complications arise.
- Effective prevention strategies.
- How to significantly reduce or eliminate symptoms of GERD with natural alternative treatments such as herbs & supplements as well as easy to make lifestyle adjustments.
- Medical interventions: Prescription and non-prescription medications - how they work and their side effects. And if needed, surgical options are also discussed.
- Which foods aggravate GERD, and which foods are soothing and improve digestion, along with sample recipes that are healthy, delicious and soothing.
The link to Amazon to access a free copy of “GERD and Acid Reflux Solutions” is http://www.amazon.com/Solutions-prevention-treatment-Letsdoyoga-com-ebook/dp/B0090RIY8E/ref
- Contact Information
- Howard VanEs
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.