Mitsubishi Electric to Launch 17.5-inch Color TFT-LCD Module
TOKYO - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today it will launch a 17.5-inch wide-XGA, color TFT-LCD module for industrial applications such as POS terminals, factory line displays and others. This model features the unprecedented combination of a super-wide 170-degree viewing angle (both horizontally and vertically), 1000:1 high contrast ratio, -20 to 70 degree Celsius operational temperature range and 100,000 standard hours of LED backlight life. Sales will begin April 1 through Mitsubishi Electric global offices. (www.MitsubishiElectric.com/bu/tft_lcd/network).
The new TFT-LCD module meets increasing market demands for high-contrast, wide viewing angle modules that can be used in extreme operational temperatures for flexible application and installation. With the launch, Mitsubishi Electric will increase its lineup of super wide viewing angle modules up to 14. Features of the new module are as follows:
Super-wide viewing angle, high brightness & contrast, and vivid color
- 170-degree super-wide horizontal/vertical viewing angle ensures excellent visibility, even for off-center installation.
- High contrast ratio of 1000:1 for easy visibility in bright environments.
Long-life backlight through use of white light-emitting diodes (LED)
- The LED backlight has a typical operating life of 100,000 hours at 25 degree Celsius ambient temperature enabled by unique structure and heat dissipation technology developed in-house.
- No high-voltage inverter required.
Wide-range operational temperature range
- Market-leading range of operational temperatures, from -20 to 70 degree Celsius, to withstand extreme outdoor environments.
- Mercury-free and fully compliant with Europe’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.