TestAmerica Announces Corporate Technical Services Organization
TestAmerica, the leading provider of environmental testing services, announced today its Corporate Technical Services Organization. This organization will implement standardized laboratory best practices, technical support and development aimed at growing TestAmerica’s technologies and products to deliver greater value for our clients. Dr. Richard Burrows, Director of Technical Services will lead the Corporate Technical Services Organization.
“Our Corporate Technical Services Organization will increase efficiency, enhance laboratory operations and create greater synergies across TestAmerica. Dr. Burrows’ leadership with his team will enable us to implement new technologies, services and products faster and more consistently which, in turn makes us easier to use for our clients,” said James E. Hyman, CEO of TestAmerica.
In addition to Dr. Richard Burrows, Director of Technical Services, the company has named three Corporate Technical Directors; Dr. Michael Berg, Dr. Mark Bruce and Eric Redman, as well as two Primary Technical Contacts, Kevin Ho and John Shanholtzer.
• Dr. Richard Burrows has over 27 years of experience in analytical chemistry in academic and commercial laboratories. He has been actively involved with the development of environmental methods and techniques through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and American Council of Independent Laboratories (ACIL) organizations. Dr. Burrows’ method development work has involved bringing new perspectives to method detection limits (MDLs), calibration, quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) and method development. He is currently a member of the Environmental Laboratory Advisory Board and is twice a recipient of the ACIL Preston Millar Award. Dr. Burrows received his B.S. in Chemistry and Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Bristol, England.
• Dr. Michael Berg joined EMLab P&K, a TestAmerica company in 2005, and held positions as Department Manager and Regional Director. Dr. Berg researched plant pathology and plant genetics as a postdoctoral fellow at Oklahoma State University and worked in fungicide research for BASF Germany. He has published his work in peer reviewed journals and presented at national and international meetings. Dr. Berg also authors technical newsletters in the Environmental Reporter and speaks at workshops and meetings for IAQA and ECA New York. He holds a Ph.D. in Biology from the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany.
• Dr. Mark Bruce has over 33 years of experience in environmental analytical chemistry in academic and commercial laboratories. He has been actively involved with the development of environmental methods and guidance through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC). His method development work has involved incremental sampling methodology, mercury, metals speciation and organic extractions. Dr. Bruce is currently a member of the Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council and is a recipient of the ITRC Industrial Affiliate Award. Dr. Bruce received his B.S. in Chemistry from Mount Union and a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Cincinnati.
• Eric Redman has over 30 years of experience in the environmental testing industry and has been actively involved with the development of environmental methods with special emphasis on application of state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation such as High Resolution Mass Spectrometry, Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry, and Chemical Ionization Mass Spectrometry. In addition, he provides support for clients, regulators and other data users regarding trace level analyses including Dioxins/Furans, PCB Congeners, Pesticides, Endocrine Disrupting Compounds, and Emerging Contaminants. Mr. Redman received a B.S. in Chemistry and Physics from California State University and a Master’s in Chemical Physics from the University of California.
• Kevin Quang Ho has 25 years of laboratory experience in analytical chemistry in the pharmaceutical and environmental industries. Prior to joining TestAmerica, he worked at USOC Drug Testing Lab as an Extraction Technician specializing in testing for anabolic steroids and as a Chemist at Baxter Healthcare QC/Chemistry Department. He has worked in all departments of the lab including extraction, inorganic and organic analysis as a chemist and manager. Mr. Ho received his B.S. in Biology from UCLA.
• John Shanholtzer has 28 years of hands-on experience in environmental testing specializing in organic analytical chemistry for both volatiles and semi-volatiles analysis. Mr. Shanholtzer received his B.S. in Chemistry from Frostburg State University.
TestAmerica is the leading environmental testing firm in the United States, with over 90 locations providing innovative technical expertise and comprehensive analytical testing services. Specialty analyses include source, ambient and indoor air, water quality, compliance, desalination, shale gas, specialty organics, emergency response, industrial hygiene, dioxins, drinking water, sediments and tissues, PPCPs and emerging contaminants, explosives, Federal/DoD, and radiochemistry and mixed waste testing.
TestAmerica affiliate companies include EMLab P&K, the leader in analytical microscopy and indoor air quality; QED Environmental Systems, Inc., the leading supplier of groundwater sampling equipment and remediation pumping systems; and TestAmerica Air Emissions Corp. (METCO Environmental), specializing in air emissions testing. TestAmerica currently employs nearly 2,800 professionals dedicated to exceptional service and solutions for our clients’ environmental testing needs.
- Contact Information
- Joy Ochoco
- Marketing Director
- (1) 203.202.8808
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.