DSM is positioned for strong EBITDA growth and increases dividend
• DSM reports a solid Q4 with EBITDA of €243 million
• EBITDA full year 2012 of €1,109 million with growth in all clusters, except for caprolactam
• Robust performance of Life Sciences driven by Nutrition
• Materials Sciences performed well, except for caprolactam
• Strong cash generation from operating activities of €730 million in 2012
• Dividend increase proposed to €1.50 per ordinary share
• Outlook 2013: moving towards EBITDA of €1.4 billion
Commenting on the results, Feike Sijbesma, CEO/Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, said: “In the context of challenging macro-economic conditions, DSM delivered growth across all clusters in 2012, excluding caprolactam. Nutrition now represents more than 70% of total EBITDA and has become a high value, global business with attractive growth prospects across the full value chain.”
“The significant strategic progress we made during 2012 through our value creating acquisitions and the profit improvement initiatives we have taken leave us well positioned to achieve our long term objectives. In 2013 we will focus on the operational performance and integration of the acquisitions we completed in 2012 with special attention to capturing synergies. We expect strong EBITDA growth in 2013, moving towards €1.4 billion. The Board’s proposal to increase the dividend for the third consecutive year is testament to the stronger DSM we have built in recent years, with more stable growth and profitability going forward.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.