Cargotec’s Interim Report for January–June 2006
July 19, 2006
• Orders received during the first half of the year totaled EUR 1,591 (1–6/2005: 1,216) million. During the second quarter, orders received were EUR 786 (4–6/2005: 571) million.
• The order book on June 30, 2006 totaled EUR 1,544 (December 31, 2005: 1,257) million.
• Net sales amounted to EUR 1,275 (1–6/2005: 1,162) million with EUR 661 (4–6/2005: 612) million attributable to the second quarter.
• Operating income was EUR 111.7 (1–6/2005: 84.9) million with EUR 60.7 (4–6/2005: 48.2) million attributable to the second quarter.
• Cash flow from operating activities before financial items and taxes totaled EUR 113.0 (1–6/2005: 15.6) million.
• Net income for the reporting period amounted to EUR 74.6 (1–6/2005: 55.6) million.
• Earnings per share were EUR 1.16 (1–6/2005: 0.86).
• Cargotec’s market situation is expected to continue good. Following a record first half of the year the order intake during the second half of 2006 is expected to be at last year’s healthy level. Due to the strong order book at the end of June Cargotec’s net sales for year 2006 are estimated to exceed EUR 2.6 billion. The operating income margin from operations is estimated to exceed 8 percent.
The comparison figures presented in this Interim Report for January–June 2005 are pro forma figures.
Cargotec’s President and CEO Mikael Mäkinen:
”We are extremely satisfied with our development during the first half of the year. Especially second quarter profitability exceeded our expectations. The strong order intake of the first half reflects our success in contracts signed. Our service business also continued to grow strongly as we have targeted. My understanding that Cargotec has a lot of potential to further develop and grow the business has strengthened during the summer. The good financial performance gives a solid platform for this work,” states President and CEO Mikael Mäkinen.
Analyst and press conference
An analyst and press conference (in Finnish) will be arranged on July 19, 2006 at 1.30 p.m. Finnish time at Cargotec’s head office, Sörnäisten rantatie 23, Helsinki.
An international telephone conference for analysts and investors will be held at 4 p.m. (GMT +3) Finnish time. The presentation material will be available on the Company’s internet pages from 1.30 p.m. Finnish time. The conference call phone numbers are the following:
+1 617 213 8897 (if calling from the U.S.)
+44 20 7365 8426 (if calling from rest of world)
Access code: Cargotec Corporation
The telephone conference can also be viewed as a live audio webcast through the internet pages at www.cargotec.com starting at 4.00 p.m. Finnish time. The archived webcast will be available on the internet pages later the same day.
The report and the entire release including tables are
available in attached pdf files.
Senior Executive Vice President and CFO
SVP, Investor Relations and Communications
Cargotec Corporation is the world’s leading provider of cargo handling solutions, which are used in local transportation, terminals, ports, distribution centers, and ships. Cargotec’s operations are divided into three strong, global business areas: Hiab, Kalmar, and MacGREGOR, each of which is the market leader in its own segment. In 2005 Cargotec’s net sales exceeded EUR 2.3 billion. The company employs some 8,000 people and has activities in more than 160 countries. Cargotec’s class B shares are listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
- Contact Information
- Eeva Mäkelä
- SVP, Investor Relations and Communications
- Cargotec Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.