Motorola Launches i670, Offering Affordable Reliability, Quality and Performance
Phone enhances productivity at an affordable price
Plantation, FL –July 18, 2006 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today introduced the Motorola i670, a new multi-function mobile communications device that offers a wide range of productivity-enhancing solutions for business users at an affordable price. The clamshell-type device features a sleek, all black design and a large internal 130x130 color display.
The new Motorola i670 is loaded with technology-rich features, including:
* Original Push-to-Talk (PTT) communication, which Motorola pioneered, that allows i670 users to connect instantly and conveniently to one or many co-workers with the touch of a button. Information is sent over an upgraded PTT network that quickly transmits voice and data.*
* An integrated Assisted GPS navigation system that provides latitude and longitude coordinates to help users track fleets and obtain directions quickly and easily.*
* JAVA® technology that enables downloading of interactive content and applications – from high-powered business tools to quality ring tones.*
* Direct Talk™ off-network digital walkie talkie capability, which creates a temporary short-range virtual network with other capable units so users can stay connected even in out-of-coverage areas.
* Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS) offers users the ability to transfer messages comprising text, sounds, images and video to MMS capable handsets.*
* Group Walkie-Talkie allowing the user to establish a private conference call, of up to 20 people, saving time and improving productivity.*
“This exciting new productivity tool delivers the features that are most important to business users, along with the flexibility and convenience of the most up-to-date technology – at an affordable price,” said Peter Aloumanis, general manager, U.S. Markets Division, Motorola’s iDEN Mobile Devices. “This is one more example of Motorola’s diverse product and service offerings designed to meet the needs of all our customers.”
The Motorola i670 is available through all Sprint (NYSE:S) and Nextel distribution channels, including retail stores, at a price of $249.99, or $49.99 with a two-year service agreement, new activation and credit approval. Taxes, fees, early termination fee, phone setup fee and other charges apply.
Editor’s Note: For a high resolution photo of the Motorola i670, please visit: www.motorolacollective.com
Motorola is known around the world for innovation and leadership in wireless and broadband communications. Inspired by our vision of Seamless Mobility, the people of Motorola are committed to helping you get and stay connected simply and seamlessly to the people, information, and entertainment that you want and need. We do this by designing and delivering “must have” products, “must do” experiences and powerful networks -- along with a full complement of support services. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $36.8 billion in 2005. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit www.motorola.com
All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply. PTT connectivity requires PTT compatible phones.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. Java and all other Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2006. All rights reserved.
- Contact Information
- Steven Hendricks
- Media Contact
- Motorola, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.