Toshiba Launches New IGBT/MOSFET Gate Drive Photocoupler
Helps reduce dead time and improve efficiency in inverter circuits in an operating temperature range between -40°C and 125°C.
TOKYO–Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO: 6502) today announced that it will launch a DIP8-package IC coupler that can directly drive a middle-capacity IGBT or power MOSFET. The new product, TLP250H, offers a maximum propagation delay time of 500ns and a propagation delay skew between photocouplers of 150ns, a performance that will reduce dead time and improve efficiency in inverter circuits. The use of a new LED with superior longevity supports a wide operating temperature range, between -40°C and 125°C. In addition, the coupler contributes to lower power consumption by reducing the operating voltage to 10V (min.) against 15V (min.) for Toshiba’s previous model. It can be used in a wide range of products, including industrial devices used in high temperature environments, home solar photovoltaic power generation systems, digital products and measuring and control instruments. Samples are available now with mass production scheduled for February.
IGBT / power MOSFET gate drivers, power conditioners, general-purpose inverters, IH (Induction Heating) equipment, etc.
1. Operating power-supply voltage: VCC=10 to 30V
2. Propagation delay time: tpLH, tpHL=500ns (Max)
3. Propagation delay skew: ±150ns (Max)
4. Wide guaranteed operating temperature range: Topr=-40°C to 125°C
5. Peak output current: IOP=±2.5A (Max)
6. Low input current: IFLH=5mA (Max)
7. Isolation voltage: BVS=5000Vrms (Min)
8. Common mode transient immunity: CMR=±40kV/µs
Follow this link for more on this product.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.