Perth Luxury Home Builder Reveals Questions to Ask When Choosing a Home Builder With New Home Builders Guide
PERTH, Western Australia December, 2012 – Kim March from Perth luxury home builder David Reid Homes Perth is lifting the lid on the ever-elusive and mysterious design and build process of new homes and revealing everything a new home owner needs to know about the process. Her new eguide, available online at www.davidreidhomesperth.com.au/, is the first Perth home builder’s guide to a fail-safe design and build process.
The time-saving and cost-saving eguide includes tips such as the top questions to ask when choosing a home builder. Kim March has been generous enough to share an excerpt of her eguide here:
- Do I have choices in building materials i.e. timber frame, brick veneer, double glazing, eco- friendly building materials such as: Formcraft, Zego, and Masterwall?
- How will I make my selections? At a variety of suppliers’ premises with the help of an interior designer or colour consultant or in a builder’s office with an office clerk and a restricted selection?
- Will I get a custom design or only a modified version of an existing plan?
- Will I have access to Lighting consultants?
- Will I have access to Landscape/gardening consultants?
- Will I have access to Colour/interior designers?
- Will I be able to liaise with air conditioning experts?
- Can I have my light fittings fitted by your electrician or do I need to do this after hand-over (therefore double handling)?
- Is internal wall painting included as standard?
- Are skirting boards fitted standard?
- Are my main floor coverings included in the price?
- Can I liaise with the cabinet maker?
- Will I be able to liaise with the pool & pond consultant?
- Will I have access to my site supervisor’s phone number & email address?
- How will I keep a track of communications and agreements, plans, ask questions and store answers/documents etc?
- Is there a restriction on finishing items e.g. polished concrete floors, carpets, timber floors, skirting boards, cornices, restricted internal & external finish or paint choices?
- Will variations incur an administration fee and if so how much will that fee be?
- Are site works and stormwater costs/allowances included in the quoted price?
- Has the necessary allowance been made for the connection/run-in of services to my home?
- Are the costs for any retaining walls included?
“These questions are the kinds of things most home builders wince at, and every home purchaser should ask before they select a builder to avoid additional charges, poor quality fittings or a home that does not reflect who they really are,” says Kim March, Owner of Perth custom home building company David Reid Homes Perth. www.davidreidhomesperth.com.au/
“Homes tend to reflect the owners’ character and therefore we always endeavour to create something individual about each one of the homes we build,” says Kim March, “Understanding our client’s particular requirements is key to a successful build and we take the time to understand what the pre-requisites are and what would be essential in your future home.”
- Contact Information
- Kim March
- Managing Director
- David Reid Homes Perth
- (61) 08 9473 0288
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.