CareerBuilder and EMSI Release Top Jobs for 2013
CHICAGO – Is finding a job on your list of New Year’s resolutions? CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists (EMSI) have released the best bachelor degree jobs for 2013 based on occupations with the most jobs added since 2010. The study uses EMSI’s rich labor market database, which pulls from over 90 national and state employment resources and includes detailed information on employees and self-employed workers.
“Where the U.S. will produce the most jobs in 2013 is likely to follow growth patterns of the last few years,” said Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder. “It’s no surprise that technology and engineering occupations comprise six of the top ten positions on our list, but workers should also see more opportunities in production-related fields, marketing, healthcare and financial services. The competition for educated, specialized labor has intensified as market demands increase in both the manufacturing and services sectors.”
Occupations requiring bachelor degrees that have produced the most jobs post-recession include the following. For more detailed information about each position, visit our blog post.
1) Software Developers (Applications and Systems Software)
· 70,872 jobs added since 2010, 7% growth
2) Accountants and Auditors
· 37,123 jobs added since 2010, 3% growth
3) Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
· 31,335 jobs added since 2010, 10% growth
4) Computer Systems Analysts
· 26,937 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
5) Human Resources, Training and Labor Relations Specialists
· 22,773 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
6) Network and Computer Systems Administrators
· 18,626 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
7) Sales Representatives (Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific)
· 17,405 jobs added since 2010 – 4% growth
8) Information Security Analysts, Web Developers and Computer Network Architects
· 15,715 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
9) Mechanical Engineers
· 13,847 jobs added since 2010 – 6% growth
10) Industrial Engineers
· 12,269 jobs added since 2010, 6% growth
11) Computer Programmers
· 11,540 jobs added since 2010, 3% growth
12) Financial Analysts
· 10,016 jobs added since 2010, 4% growth
13) Public Relations Specialists
· 8,541 jobs added since 2010, 4% growth
· 8,522 jobs added since 2010, 8% growth
15) Database Administrators
· 7,468 jobs added since 2010, 7% growth
16) Meeting, Convention and Event Planners
· 7,072 jobs added since 2010, 10% growth
17) Cost Estimators
· 6,781 jobs added since 2010, 3% growth
18) Personal Financial Advisors
· 5,212 jobs added since 2010, 3% growth
*EMSI data is collected from more than 90 federal and state sources, such as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. Census Bureau, and state labor departments. EMSI removes suppressions often found in publically available data and includes proprietors, creating a complete picture of the workforce.
Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI) is a CareerBuilder company that provides industry-leading employment data and economic analysis via web tools and custom reports. EMSI has produced more than 1,200 comprehensive impact analyses for colleges and universities in the US and internationally, and our web tools — Analyst and Career Coach — are used by thousands of professionals in higher education, workforce and economic development, and the private sector.
CareerBuilder is the global leader in human capital solutions, helping companies target and attract their most important asset - their people. Its online career site, CareerBuilder.com®, is the largest in the United States with more than 24 million unique visitors, 1 million jobs and 49 million resumes. CareerBuilder works with the world’s top employers, providing resources for everything from employment branding and talent intelligence to recruitment support. More than 10,000 websites, including 140 newspapers and broadband portals such as MSN and AOL, feature CareerBuilder’s proprietary job search technology on their career sites. Owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI), Tribune Company and The McClatchy Company (NYSE:MNI), CareerBuilder and its subsidiaries operate in the United States, Europe, South America, Canada and Asia. For more information, visit www.careerbuilder.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.