Microsoft Introduces Business Ready Licensing and Business Ready Enhancement Plan for Microsoft Dynamics
New licensing and enhancement plan adds simplicity and value, and delivers on the Microsoft Dynamics road map, providing a compelling and consistent way for partners to sell and customers to acquire solutions for the “People-Ready Business.”
REDMOND, Wash. — July 10, 2006 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the Business Ready Licensing model and the Business Ready Enhancement Plan for Microsoft Dynamics™ that introduces simplifications and improvements in value to the licensing and maintenance programs for its Microsoft Dynamics business management solutions.
Business Ready Licensing streamlines pricing for Microsoft Dynamics solutions — Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics SL — by moving from a pricing model based on hundreds of modules and granules to a new model based primarily on the number of concurrent users who actually use the software. This new model has three simple offerings: Microsoft Dynamics Business Essentials, Microsoft Dynamics Advanced Management and Microsoft Dynamics Advanced Management Enterprise. They are based primarily on common functionality and represent a price reduction for a typical entry-level configuration, eliminating much of the complexity of licensing enterprise resource planning software. Designed to increase value for customers through the life of their product solution, the new Enhancement Plan represents a global maintenance program for Microsoft Dynamics solutions and introduces new benefits such as transition investment credits, unlimited online training courses for customers, and resources to connect customers with the Microsoft Dynamics community.
Business Ready Licensing and Enhancement Plan provide customers with a compelling way to increase the value of their investments in Microsoft® technology, lower the entry barrier to Microsoft Dynamics solutions, enhance customer productivity and evolve with the life of their business, providing increased confidence in their choice and enabling them to realize the full potential of their Microsoft Dynamics solution.
“Business Ready Licensing and Enhancement Plan enable us to bring more value to our customers while streamlining our offerings,” said Tami Reller, corporate vice president of the Business Solutions marketing group at Microsoft. “These new programs further enhance an industry-leading track record of delivering solutions for the People-Ready Business and our continued commitment to give partners and customers increased value and flexibility to meet their specific business needs.”
Maximizing the Value of Investment in Microsoft Technology
Microsoft Dynamics industry partners are excited about the introduction of Business Ready Licensing because they will benefit through a reduction in pre- and post-sales administrative efforts associated with the complexity of maintaining and selling multiple product modules. It will enable them to drive higher sales volume through a transparent and simplified customer experience.
“Customers want less complexity and a licensing program that is simple and transparent and gives them more value for their money,” said Cornelis Bosch, vice president of Business Development at To-Increase, a Microsoft Dynamics industry partner. “Business Ready Licensing offers the right balance between simplicity and flexibility by offering customers a very clear and transparent pricing model that not only simplifies their purchase decision but also lowers the entry barrier for them to choose the right business solution for their specific needs.”
Customers will also benefit from increased functionality and simplicity provided by Business Ready Licensing through its new packaging that includes the following:
• Microsoft Dynamics Business Essentials Edition. This offering is an integrated, powerful financial and supply chain management solution that is designed for companies that need a core financial management and trade solution that will enable them to easily scale as their business grows.
• Microsoft Dynamics Advanced Management Edition. Advanced Management Edition is the preferred solution for growing customers who need complex, highly functional financial and accounting programs and who are looking for an adaptive solution to manage advanced processes for their financials, supply chain management, manufacturing and project accounting needs. It also helps them obtain the key business intelligence and reporting required to manage their organization.
• Microsoft Dynamics Advanced Management Enterprise. For organizations with complex needs, Advanced Management Enterprise extends the Advanced Management Edition by providing a rich set of advanced supply chain management, field service, configuration, manufacturing and development capabilities on a flat-fee basis.
In addition, Microsoft Dynamics CRM customer relationship management functionality will be included on the Microsoft Business Solutions price lists over the next 12 months, starting with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Business Ready Licensing is focused on new customers. Customers not licensed under Business Ready Licensing today will have the choice to stay on their current licensing model (modular-based licensing) or make the transition to Business Ready Licensing when it makes sense for them.
Enhanced Productivity and Confidence in Choice
The new Enhancement Plan announced today offers customers the value they are looking for in their maintenance investment. This new plan is designed to ensure that customers are confident in their choice every step of the way as they plan, deploy, use, maintain and upgrade their Microsoft Dynamics solutions. The new plan will be delivered globally to help customers get the most from their Microsoft Dynamics solutions and meet the changing needs of their business. In addition to a set of globally consistent benefits and policies, Microsoft is delivering new benefits to all Microsoft Dynamics customers that are current on their maintenance plan:
• Unlimited online training benefits. These new benefits will be available for all customers enrolled in the Enhancement Plan, available globally:
• E-courses. Detailed concepts on specific topic areas such as product modules. Knowledge acquired is comparable to that presented in classrooms.
• Courseware/Training manuals. Can be used as a study tool or a desktop reference.
• Courseware extensions. Addenda available for selected courseware titles, providing content on local functionality within a given country.
• “What’s New?” training manuals/courseware. Training on the differences in features and functionality between product versions.
• Learning plans. Road maps that help individuals easily find the training they need and outline every training and certification option available for each module.
• Transition investment credit. This new benefit for customers using Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics SL enables customers to apply 100 percent of their Microsoft Dynamics license investment toward the move from one Microsoft Dynamics product code base to another or advance from one package level to another (such as from Standard to Professional) within a product family. This benefit gives customers the additional confidence that their investment in Microsoft Dynamics will remain secure as their business needs evolve.
• Microsoft Dynamics CustomerSource community and tools. Microsoft Dynamics will extend its award-winning Web site to all Microsoft Dynamics customers globally who enroll in the Enhancement Plan, with additional focus on localized content and languages. CustomerSource offers product and service content specific to the customer’s account, a searchable knowledge base, downloads, discussion boards, online training, news and other features, giving customers the tools they need to get more from their Microsoft Dynamics solution.
Pricing and Availability
Business Ready Licensing Plan is available for Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics SL and will be available to purchase worldwide Aug. 1, 2006. The price for Microsoft Dynamics Business Essentials will start at $2,250 (U.S.).*
Business Ready Enhancement Plan is available for Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics SL and Microsoft C5. Customers will begin to realize some of the benefits of the new Enhancement Plan with the release of Business Ready Licensing — and will continue to see the additional benefits introduced over the next six to nine months. Additional information on Business Ready Licensing and Enhancement Plan can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/purchase/pricing.mspx.
About Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of financial, customer relationship and supply chain management solutions that helps businesses work more effectively. Delivered through a network of channel partners providing specialized services, these integrated, adaptable business management solutions work like and with familiar Microsoft software to streamline processes across an entire business.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.
- Contact Information
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Rapid Response Team
- Microsoft Corp.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.