38% of Global Electronics Output Now Produced in Asia Pacific
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 6, 2006 - Electronics output in the Asia Pacific increased to 38% (compared to only 20% in 1995) of the global total in 2005 according to the latest figures from a report published by Reed Electronics Research and distributed by In-Stat (http://www.instat.com). During this period China’s share of global electronics has increased from 3% to 16%.
Despite the rapid growth of China, other countries in the region also play an important role in the global electronics industry. South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand are all ranked in the top 10 countries globally in terms of production. In particular, South Korean and Taiwanese companies have established a major presence within the global electronics industry. In other countries such as Singapore and Malaysia, companies, with significant government support, are looking to focus on higher value products and move away from low-cost assembly.
Other findings include:
* Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines will continue to attract foreign investment. This is in part due to low-costs, but also large domestic markets and the move by some companies to spread risk and invest outside of China.
* Although further investment in infrastructure and the development of a component supplier base is still required, India offers significant potential and will be one of the fastest growing electronics markets in Asia and globally, with electronics output expected to reach over US$35 billion in 2010 up from an estimated US$10.8 billion in 2005.
Recent In-Stat research, Yearbook of the World Electronics Data 2006: Volume 2 — America, Japan & Asia Pacific (#IN0603347RE), presents a review of the world electronics industries and markets with detailed estimates and forecasts of the size of the production and markets for electronic equipment and components in each of 16 countries. Volume 2 includes an Economic Overview; Electronics Market Overview; Imports 2003-2004; Exports 2003-2004; Production Data 2003-2006; and Market Data 2003-2009. The 16-country coverage includes: Australia; Brazil; Canada; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Israel; Japan; Malaysia; Philippines; Singapore; South Africa; South Korea; Taiwan Thailand; and USA.
To purchase this research, or for more information, please contact Erin McKeighan at 480-609-4551; firstname.lastname@example.org. The price is $2,008 U.S. Dollars.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS RESEARCH
* Title: Yearbook of the World Electronics Data 2006: Volume 2 — America, Japan & Asia Pacific
* Service: Reed Electronics Research
* Product Number: IN0603347RE
* Publication Date: June 2006
* Number of Pages: 248
* Price: $2,008 U.S. Dollars
* Abstract, Table of Contents, Figures & Tables
* Members Only Access: Full text
Market Research from In-Stat
In-Stat offers a broad range of information resources and analytical assets to technology vendors, service providers, technology professionals, and market specialists worldwide. The company stands alone in its ability to integrate both supply-side and demand-side research methodologies into a single comprehensive view of technology markets and products. This capability relies on a unique ability to cover the entire value chain from engineering-level technology, through equipment, infrastructure, services and end-users.
In-Stat is a strategic segment of the $8 billion Reed Elsevier global information network, with access to an expansive worldwide electronic network, extensive technology databases and well-informed personnel. In-Stat analysts gain exceptional insight into geographic market places and specific technologies within markets such as electronics, cable and wireless. As a member of Reed Business Information, In-Stat is a division of the largest business-to-business publisher in the U.S.
- Contact Information
- Cheryl Cadden
- Marketing Coordinator
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.