Alstom’s Charleroi Circuit Break Factory Opens Doors to 200 Industry Guests
Alstom Grid brought its manufacturing excellence a step closer to the customer last week, hosting more than 200 conferees at the company’s circuit breaker facility in Charleroi, Pennsylvania during Finepoint’s 17th Factory Day.
As part of this year’s Annual Circuit Breaker Test and Maintenance Conference (October 1-5/Pittsburgh), Alstom’s industry experts hosted a guided tour and mini-expo, which covered everything from high voltage circuit breakers to service capabilities.
In an opening ceremony, Mike Salerno, NAM Reional Sales VP, highlighted Alstom Grid’s commitment to the U.S. market as demonstrated by recent investments via company acquisitions, new product development and facility improvements. Dirk Uhde, U.S. Charleroi Unit Managing Director, emphasized that “this investment expands the portfolio of products and services that will help you address the new challenges you face every day…What you see here today in Charleroi is a key demonstration of this commitment.”
Highlights from the tour included:
• Wiring - Covering Alstom’s in-house assembly of low voltage control and auxiliary wiring and cabinets
• Interrupters - An overview of the assembly process of interrupters for dead tank breakers
• Assembly Bays - Summarizing the assembly process for Alstom’s broad range of dead tank and live tank breakers
• Mechanical Test Area - A review of some of the production tests performed on the dead tank and live tank breakers
• Leak test Chamber - Leak test of completely assembled breaker
• R&D Test Lab -Testing of new designs and prototypes
• Receiving - Delivery of kits of parts for feeding the assembly bays and incoming goods inspection
• Tank Shop -Hydraulic & Helium/Air testing of interrupter housing
The day’s events also included a visit to Alstom’s Disconnect Switch Manufacturing site, also located in Charleroi, for a demonstration of a 345 kV 3-phase vertical switch and a 550 kV 1-phase semi-pantograph switch, and a mini-expo showcasing Alstom’s expertise in products and service
Survey feedback indicated that the tour did, indeed, meet customer needs and expectations --“Excellent Day!! Alstom employees answered all questions. Pleasure to be here…Truly a world-class facility.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.