HBA Metro Chapter Announces Gerarda Collins as 2012 LEAD Award Recipient
HBA METRO Chapter announces Gerarda Collins as its 2012 LEAD award recipient. This award recognizes a chapter member for her leadership excellence and dedication. Gerarda will receive this distinguished award at the November leadership ceremony.
FAIRFIELD, NJ — October 9, 2012 — HBA METRO Chapter is proud to announce Gerarda Collins as its 2012 LEAD award recipient. This award recognizes a chapter member for her leadership excellence and dedication. Gerarda will receive this distinguished award at the November leadership awards ceremony and dinner.
Gerarda serves on the METRO market research and membership committees where she has been instrumental in creating new and effective marketing efforts. Of her many efforts, a few appear below:
- She was the creative force behind the development and analytics for the dropped member survey. Her work helped the chapter define programs to enhance retention.
- Working with a HBA METRO corporate partner director, she and fellow Metro member Cheryl Siddell identified potential areas of growth for the HBA. Through their expertise with data and analytics, they helped to supply directional information to set targets for areas of opportunity.
- Working with Michele Mercer and Marilyn Monda, the team provided density mapping of members within the Metro area corporate partners.
- Through her collaboration within the membership committee, HBA METRO Chapter surpassed its 2012 membership goal with 4 months remaining in the year.
- Gerarda supported another member of the Market Research Committee, Alexis Stroud, in moving event surveys to a Survey Monkey® format, facilitating efficient turn-around of information.
- Gerarda has set a gold standard of collaboration with directors across the chapter and brought new and innovative operating models within the market research area.
When asked about receiving the LEAD Award, Gerarda commented, “While it is truly an honor to receive this award, I am very grateful to have the privilege to work with such inspiring and committed women. But that could never have happened until I went beyond just attending meetings and started volunteering. That is the real reward.”
Gerarda will be moving into the director of market research role for the 2013 METRO board succeeding Nuala Sherin. She currently works at Sanofi in market research supporting the oncology team. Please join HBA Metro Chapter in congratulating Gerarda Collins.
About the HBA
The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) is in its fourth decade as a global not-for-profit organization dedicated to furthering the advancement of women in healthcare worldwide. With 15 chapters throughout the US and in Europe, the HBA is headquartered in New Jersey with offices in Philadelphia and Research Triangle Park. The HBA provides educational opportunities for women and men to develop cutting-edge healthcare industry knowledge and leadership skills; recognizes outstanding women and men in the industry; provides opportunities for networking; creates greater visibility for women in the industry; fosters mentoring relationships and serves as a conduit and sponsor for research on career advancement issues. The HBA has over 6,000 individual members and over 130 Corporate Partners. It is widely recognized as the catalyst for leadership development of women in healthcare worldwide and was named by Leadership Excellence as having one of the top leadership development programs in North America for the last four years.
About the HBA Metro Chapter
The HBA Metro Chapter is the founding and largest chapter of the HBA in the heart of the east coast’s life sciences corridor, serving members in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The HBA Metro Chapter provides a wide variety of leadership development offerings, including Affinity/Special Interest Programs, CONNECTIONS Networking Events, evening Keynote Programs, virtual programs, an annual group mentoring program and special offerings for executive and senior-level women via the chapter’s Executive Women’s Outreach initiative. A host of volunteer opportunities are available for members who seek to support the chapter and enrich their HBA experience.
- Contact Information
- Tory Cenaj
- HBA Metro Chapter PR Chair
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.