New BPCs from Dassault Systèmes Bring Rapid Return-On-Investment for Customers
Adaptable solutions mean customers of all sizes can speed PLM deployment, enhance productivity and profitability, at low cost
Paris, France, July 5, 2006 ─ Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Nasdaq:DASTY; Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) today rolled out a new release of its Industry Solutions BPCs (Business Process Content), flexible software assets from DS Industry Solutions which enable customers to implement and adapt Dassault Systèmes’ PLM Solutions to meet their specific needs, without the cost of customized software.
“We have accelerated our requirements gathering phase for Seat Engineering with CATIA V5 and ENOVIA V5 thanks to the PLM Engineering Desktop BPC for Automotive,” said Rick Sturgeon, executive director, Global Engineering Operations, Johnson Controls Inc.
“BPCs, or ‘accelerators’, speed up the deployment of PLM solutions for our customers, bringing great value solutions that leverage our industry experience without major investment,” noted Bruno Latchague, executive vice-president Development & Support, Industry Solutions, Dassault Systèmes. “BPCs reflect our long-term commitment to improving our customers’ performance.”
Drawing on DS’ vast experience of creating preconfigured Industry Solutions, Dassault Systèmes’ engineers have identified the parts of solutions which have a tried and tested value across wider industries, and encapsulated them as BPCs. Repackaging the knowledge gained by working closely with customers on critical business transformation projects means more companies can now benefit from the proven advantages of a certified component of an Industry Solution, at a fraction of the cost.
“Dassault Systèmes’ PLM Engineering Desktop is a robust set of templates that include ‘engineering cockpits’ for aerospace and automotive industry design engineers,” stated Ken Amann, director of research for CIMdata. “Built on ENOVIA VPLM, BPCs incorporate industry best practices and competencies that can be quickly and easily tailored to implement company specific solutions.”
Dassault Systèmes’ state-of-the-art Industry Solutions are based on industry-specific PLM Practices, covering innovative and well-proven industry scenarios in the form of methodology and documentation. The new release, available on July 21, 2006 includes eighteen V5R16 new or enhanced BPCs built on the industry-leading PLM solutions CATIA, ENOVIA VPLM and ENOVIA SmarTeam.
Included in this release are these new BPCs:
* PLM Engineering Desktop (PED): A new ‘accelerator’ to speed deployment of CATIA and ENOVIA VPLM in the automotive and aerospace industries, to support Collaborative and Relational Product Development.
* Aerospace Supplier Collaborative Hub: An ‘accelerator’ for the aerospace industry that hastens deployment and eases user adoption of ENOVIA SmarTeam by providing pre-configured data models and business processes, and strengthens internal and external collaboration between customers, partners, and suppliers.
* Collaborative System Engineering (CSE): An extended solution with System Dysfunctional Analysis & Simulation to manage all aspects of safety assessment and to maintain the safety levels required by certification authorities for the aerospace, automotive and railway Industries.
* Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP): An efficient way to maintain compliance to AIAG standards by managing a company’s process and documents with ENOVIA SmarTeam, it enables a company to drive quality improvements into product design and manufacturing, improve process efficiency and tracking, and reduce the administrative burden of the APQP compliance process.
* Integrated Mechanical Product Development (IMPD): Further enhancement of the IMPD solution for the electronics Industry with a new BPC for CATIA V5 to optimize the printed circuit board (PCB) development process by designing a flexible PCB in a 3D context and sharing its flattened definition with the ECAD Designer, for component placement and routing.
About Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, the Dassault Systèmes group brings value to more than 90,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing and ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, including ENOVIA VPLM, ENOVIA MatrixOne and ENOVIA SmarTeam. Dassault Systèmes is listed on the Nasdaq (DASTY) and Euronext Paris (#13065, DSY.PA) stock exchanges. For more information, visit : http://www.3ds.com
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA and SolidWorks are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
- Contact Information
- Derek Lane
- Press Contact (Americas)
- Dassault Systèmes
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.