Top Five Reasons to Visit Antarctica with Zegrahm Expeditions
Adventure Travel Leader Highlights Why to Discover the Great White Continent
SEATTLE, WA – This winter, Zegrahm Expeditions, the leader in small-ship cruising and overland adventures, is once again taking adventure travelers to the ends of the Earth with the company’s upcoming Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands expedition. With remarkable scenery, abundant wildlife, and a history rich with heroic exploits, here are the top five reasons to visit Antarctica with Zegrahm Expeditions:
- See the Light – Zegrahm’s Antarctica expedition is ideally timed during the height of the austral summer so there is plenty of daylight to spend exploring.
- Wonderful Wildlife – Adventurers will encounter amazing wildlife such as gentoo penguins, elephant seals, and the allusive albatross.
- Explore by Zodiac and on Foot – Most big cruise ships don’t offer landings on the Great White Continent itself. Zegrahm’s fleet of Zodiacs provides the ability to explore at a moment’s notice.
- Expert Leaders – Zegrahm cofounders, Peter Harrison and Shirley Metz, are joining the Antarctica expedition. Peter is considered the world’s foremost expert on seabirds, while Shirley is credited as the first woman to ski overland to the South Pole.
- Clipper Adventurer – This 110-passenger expedition ship offers fine dining, outside cabins with ensuite facilities, and is equipped with stabilizers and an ice-hardened hull.
For a photo tour of Antarctica, visit Zegrahm Expeditions’ Pinterest Board.
“A trip to Antarctica tops many travelers’ lists,” stated Jon Nicholson, President of Zegrahm Expeditions. “We have made nearly 50 visits to the region since our inception 20 years ago, and our talented expedition staff has explored the Great White Continent more than 200 times combined.”
Zegrahm’s Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falklands expedition takes place January 2-23, 2013 and is priced from $15,980 per person. For more information, to request a brochure, or to make a reservation, please visit www.zeco.com or call 800-628-8747. To access Zegrahm Expeditions’ hi-res Antarctica photos, please email Kaila@tuinas.com .
# # #
Seattle-based Zegrahm Expeditions Inc., founded in 1990, is a leading adventure travel company specializing in small-ship expedition cruises, tours, and safaris to remote and intriguing destinations around the world. Led by expert guides and lecturers, Zegrahm itineraries are carefully crafted and all-inclusive, feature deluxe accommodations, and operate in all seven continents.
- Contact Information
- Kelsey Tomascheski
- PR & Communications Manager
- Zegrahm Expeditions
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.