EMLab P&K Sponsors Environmental Conference by Environmental Contractors Association in New York City
EMLab P&K sponsors ECA’s environmental conference in New York, NY. The conference focuses on issues in environmental remediation and infection control. Special guests include New York City and state government officials.
EMLab P&K, a TestAmerica company, announces sponsorship of the third annual environmental conference on “Managing Risk from Environmental Threats in the Built Environment.” The conference is hosted by the Environmental Contractors Association (ECA) and to be held on Thursday, October 25, 2012, at the Sheraton New York in New York City.
EMLab P&K’s strategic alliance partner, The Linders Health Institute™, and the ECA designed a powerful conference agenda that will benefit professionals in the environmental, construction, and facilities industries. The conference is the first of its type and will include presentations on:
- Healthcare Associated Infections During Construction As It Applies to the Remediation Contractor by Michael Berg, Ph.D., Technical Director, EMLab P&K
- Emerging Infectious Diseases in the Non-Medical Environment: 3 Critical Points Property Owners/Managers Should Know by Marlene Linders, RN MS Associate AIA. Ms. Linders is an ASHRAE Distinguished Lecturer and is President and CEO of Philders Group International Inc. and The Linders Health Institute™.
Special guests for this conference include:
- Kay Gee, Area Director for Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Caswell F. Holloway, New York City Deputy Mayor
- James F. Gennaro, New York City Councilman and Chairman of the City’s Environmental Protection Committee
- Venetia Lannon, Regional Director for Region 2, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Carter H. Strickland, Jr., Commissioner, New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
The cost for this environmental conference is $325 per person, if registered by Sept. 30th. After September 30th, the regular price is $350 per person. Registration costs include continental breakfast and lunch. Continuing Education credits for the ECA conference include: IICRC (1 hour of CE) and CIHs are pending approval.
Event Sponsors include: TestAmerica, the nation’s leading analytical laboratory for environmental testing, EMLab P&K, specialists in lab analysis for mold, bacteria, asbestos and allergens, The Philders Group International, and The Linders Health Institute™.
To register for the environmental conference, download the registration form at http://www.bermangrp.com/images/emailblast/eca/ECA_Edu8.pdf
For more information, visit the Environmental Contractors Association website at http://www.ecanyc.org
About Philders Group International Inc.
Philders Group International Inc. is a scientific, engineering and environmental consulting firm for infectious diseases. Philders Group International authors policies, procedures, training and continuing education to keep corporations compliant for exposure risks to infectious diseases during real work time. Philders Group International has authored articles for various healthcare trade publications on infectious disease issues such as Kimberly Clark Worldwide™, ASHRAE Journal and Advanced Long Term Care Management.
About EMLab P&K
EMLab P&K, a TestAmerica company, is one of the leading commercial indoor air quality laboratories in North America with over 60 service and drop-off locations throughout the United States. EMLab P&K specializes in analyzing air and surface samples to identify mold, bacteria, fungi, asbestos, and allergens. EMLab P&K also offers Legionella in water testing, USP 797 testing, PCR testing, radon analysis, and materials testing. EMLab P&K has an extensive list of accreditations from leading organizations and government agencies including: AIHA, NVLAP, CA-ELAP, NY-ELAP, Texas DSHS, and other accrediting programs. For more information, visit the official website at http://www.emlab.com or call 866-888-6653.
- Contact Information
- Joy Ochoco
- Director of Marketing
- EMLab P&K, a TestAmerica company
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.