Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards 2012 announces shortlist of Indian businesses geared to address resource challenges
Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards today announced its shortlist of finalists for the Corporate Sustainability Stewardship Awards. Indus Ind Bank, Kirloskar Oil, Jindal Stainless Steel and others feature amongst unique case studies.
Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards today announced its shortlist of finalists for the 2012 edition of the Corporate Sustainability Stewardship Awards. Indus Ind Bank, Kirloskar Oil, Jindal Stainless Steel and others feature amongst unique case studies demonstrating India Inc’s response to resource challenges.
The initiatives from 25 finalist businesses range from showing how leadership in Sustainability is being used to shape brands, to measures being used to define the future of resource utilization in key manufacturing and services sectors in India.
Instituted by Sustainability Outlook, the Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards aim to recognize and showcase efforts that shape conservation action, innovation and corporate leadership in sustainability. The awards process entails a rigorous 3 step review and the finalists will be judged by an eminent jury headed by Dr. S.Y. Quraishi, Former Chief Election Commissioner of India. Other jury members include:
• Stuart L. Hart, S.C. Johnson Chair of Sustainable Global Enterprise
• Bakul R. Patel, Board Director, Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC)
• Rita Menon, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, India Trade Promotion Organisation
• Dr. Uddesh Kohli, Chairman Emeritus – Construction Industry Development Council and Senior Advisor to the UN Global Compact
• Bazmi Husain, Managing Director, ABB India
• K.C. Mehra, Resident Director (Corporate), Shapoorji Pallonji Group
As India moves towards a low carbon economy, a strategic change from business-as-usual is needed to ensure that corporates can continue their growth while ensuring sustainability within their company as well as across their value chains.
Commenting on the nominations, Upendra Bhatt, Chairperson of the organizing committee of the Awards said, “This year we have seen over 300 nominations from across business segments for the corporate innovations category, which is 3 times last year and a growing testament to Indian businesses responding positively to the sustainability needs”.
The 25 businesses in the final list for the Corporate Sustainability Stewardship Awards; covering both Innovation in Business model and Leadership in Resource Conservation categories are:
· Dystar | · ITC Gardenia | · Prathista Industries
· Pratibha Syntex | · Reverse Logistics | · The Orchid
· ABB India | · Bhanu Farms | · Cognizant Technology Solutions
· Essar Steel | · IndusInd Bank | · Infosys
· Intel India | · Jindal Stainless Limited | · Kirloskar Oil Ltd.
· Lawkim Motors | · PVR Group |
· Maharaja Shree Umaid Mills (LNB Group of Companies )
· SAB Miller | · Shree Cements | · Sun Carrier Omega
· The Leela | · TVS Motors | · Unilever India Exports
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on October 11, 2012 in New Delhi at the Annual Summit of the Sustainable Business Leadership Forum. (http://SBLF.SustainabilityOutlook.in)
About Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards
Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards 2012 aim to recognize and showcase efforts that shape conservation action, innovation and corporate leadership in sustainability. The Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards were instituted by Sustainability Outlook with the vision of identifying, recognizing and celebrating the thought leading, innovative and path breaking sustainability efforts of Indian companies.
The 2012 edition seeks to recognize initiatives and solutions in the following categories:
- Category 1: Corporate Sustainability Stewardship Awards; covering both Innovation in Business model and Leadership in Resource Conservation
- Category 2: Sustainability Disclosure Leadership Award
- Category 3: Sustainability Innovation Challenge Award
- Category 4: Sustainability Leader of the Year Award
To learn more please visit www.ParivartanAwards.in
About the Organizer: Sustainability Outlook (www.sustainabilityoutlook.in)
Sustainability Outlook is a market access, insight and collaboration platform tracking actions related towards Sustainability in the Indian economy. It proactively promotes dialogue and collates data to enable action by local, regional as well as global practitioners. Sustainability Outlook provides (a) in-depth business and policy analyses (b) updates on the market participants and latest trends on sustainability initiatives and (c) expert inputs on resource reduction and other abatement as well as adaptation measures being undertaken. Sustainability Outlook aims to be the bridge for shaping change in this thought process and spur innovation.
- Contact Information
- Shradha Kapur
- External Relations Contact
- Sustainability Outlook
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.