BootsWebMD.com launches Baby Personality Quiz
BootsWebMD.com has announced the launch of a new Baby Personality Quiz, the results of which can help to identify the behaviour patterns of new-borns.
BootsWebMD.com has launched a new, online Baby Personality Quiz which highlights several key traits to look out for when analysing a baby’s temperament.
With the help of the Baby Personality Quiz* on the BootsWebMD.com Children and Parenting Health Centre, users can identify their baby’s personality by answering a series of simple questions about their behaviour. The results of the quiz can then be analysed to identify their behaviour patterns. Essential information about the best approach in managing a child’s behaviour habits can also be found, with a simple step-by-step guide to keeping in sync with the baby. It could even help users to work in tandem with their child’s temperament and personality to make life easier for both parent and child.
Whether the child is feisty or easy-going, the answer to identifying its personality and behaviour patterns lies in a number of key areas. According to paediatrician Dr William Carey, author of ’Understanding Your Child’s Temperament’, these include:
- Activity/energy level - if the child has high or low energy levels, parents need to look for ways to keep them moving at a pace that’s comfortable for them
- Approach to newness - a naturally hesitant or shy baby will need extra reassurance and patience to overcome their shyness
- Intensity - if a baby is laid back, they can get lost in the shuffle of family life and vice versa. If the baby is intense they must be taught to deal with the curves of life
- Sensitivity - if a baby has high sensitivity to lights, noise or texture, parents must be patient and look for ways to avoid sensory overload such as the lighting and the type of clothes the baby wears.
- Regularity - if everything is unpredictable, potty, naps, moods, parents have to let go of their controlling ways and loosen up. Conversely, if a baby likes structure, parents might have to adhere to the schedule they crave
- Persistence - puzzles are great tools to lengthen attention span, along with a daily dose of bedtime reading.
- Overall mood - parents should take the time to observe their baby’s daily patterns and what makes them smile for a happier baby.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
*THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general information purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something published on the Boots WebMD Site. Urgent medical problems should be dealt with by a doctor, or NHS direct, immediately, or in the case of emergencies dial 999.
BootsWebMD.com is a collaboration between Boots, one of the UK’s most trusted pharmacy-led health and beauty retailers, and WebMD, one of the world’s leading online health information sites. A team of UK-based health journalists and physicians ensures that all content is relevant and medically accurate. In addition to original content, BootsWebMD.com has partnered with leading content providers such as the British Medical Journal (BMJ Best Treatments) and the National Health Service from NHS Choices. Other site highlights include the WebMD Symptom Checker*, the Medicines and treatment centre, and slideshows and videos.
- Contact Information
- Nicole Taylor
- Marketing Manager
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.