Diabetic suffers appalling holiday in Turkey; Consumer Group condemns her treatment!
Consumer Group highlights an appalling holiday suffered by a diabetic holidaymaker to Turkey. They condemn the treatment given by the hotelier and the tour operator.
One of the most recent calls to HolidayTravelWatch concerns a Diabetic holidaymaker and her appalling holiday. This Consumer went to the resort of Bodrum in Turkey to experience a catalogue of complaints and having to pay extra to ensure that she would be able to enjoy at least part of her holiday. The holidaymaker received no recognition for her medical condition and practically no assistance from her tour operator. Her complaints are as follows:
- No room was available when they arrived;
- They were transported to another hotel and their scheduled return was marred by no transport being available;
- Their room toilet and bathroom were filthy and not cleaned despite requests;
- Their wardrobe door was hanging off - there were no coat hangers;
- The air conditioning did not work;
- The hotel food was poorly presented;
- The food was not covered;
- The dining room was full of flies;
- The pool was not clean;
- The pool had broken tiles;
- They experienced one day’s relief from conditions by taking a day trip;
- When they returned from the day trip, they were told that the dining room was closed despite being on an all-inclusive holiday;
- Despite the hotel knowing that she was diabetic, they refused to provide food and she had to walk through dark and rubble strewn streets to get food from a local shop;
- She suffered with serious gastric illness;
- The hotel manager was rude and told her in response to their complaints that “if you’re not happy get out”!
- No travel representative was provided at the hotel;
- She tried to call the tour operator’s helpline on 3 occasions but was unsuccessful;
- She decided for their own health & safety that they had to get out and paid another £300 each to stay at another hotel!
- To date, their claims have not been resolved.
Frank Brehany, the Consumer Director for HolidayTravelWatch states:
“This is an appalling story, but for someone who is already vulnerable through diabetes, words almost fail me! Quite simply, if Turkish hoteliers will treat a lady like this, what other shocking stories are we yet to hear? In addition, the total disregard or the ability to access this tour operator once again begs the question; what kind of people are running this travel company? This lady is now receiving the full support of HolidayTravelWatch and I would urge other holidaymakers with similar stories to contact us for Free Advice & Assistance”!
- Contact Information
- Frank Brehany
- Consumer Director
- (44) 8450179229
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.