MTV Networks & Apple Bring More Music, Comedy & Entertainment Programming to the iTunes Music Store
NEW YORK and CUPERTINO, California—June 29, 2006—MTV Networks and Apple® today announced that new television programming from Spike TV, Nick at Nite, TV Land, Logo, MTV and The N is now available on the iTunes® Music Store (www.itunes.com). Adding to the hit MTV Networks content already on iTunes, this new round of programming available for purchase and download crosses virtually every genre and includes Spike TV’s brand-new action series ”Blade: The Series,” MTV’s prank-comedy show “Viva La Bam” and TV Land’s “Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg.” MTV Networks’ programming has been a huge success on iTunes since debuting earlier this year, with COMEDY CENTRAL’s “South Park” alone selling over one million episodes. iTunes now offers over 150 TV shows for $1.99 per episode for viewing on a computer or iPod®.
“At MTV Networks, our brands create some of the most vibrant, entertaining and pop culture-defining programming today,” said Nicholas Lehman, executive vice president, MTV Networks Digital Media. “We’re excited to add more of our diverse programing to iTunes and to connect a broad digital audience with our bold entertainment content.”
“MTV Networks’ programming has been a hit with customers since launching on iTunes earlier this year,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “iTunes is the world’s most popular online video store with over 35 million videos sold, and we continue to expand the catalog of great television content now with over 150 network and cable programs available.”
MTV Networks’ shows on iTunes include first-time offerings from Spike TV, Nick at Nite, TV Land, Logo and additional content from MTV and The N. The new programming includes full seasons of hits from:
* Spike TV: “Blade: The Series,” the network’s first original scripted action-adventure/drama, builds upon New Line Television/Marvel Studio’s successful movie trilogy and brings the main character into new story lines. The two-hour premiere episode will be offered for free, exclusively on iTunes today through July 11. “TNA: iMPACT,” the wrestling alternative that delivers high-risk athletic entertainment, integrating well-known superstars with the best up-and-coming talent. “Disorderly Conduct,” an adrenaline-packed series with outrageous video footage pulled from police precincts across the country.
* TV Land: “Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg,” hosted by legendary comedian, producer and director David Steinberg, is a one-on-one comedy forum where celebrated performers including Larry David, Martin Short, Bob Newhart, Jon Lovitz and George Lopez open up about their personal lives and careers.
* Nick at Nite: “Fatherhood,” the animated comedy series based on Bill Cosby’s best-selling book of the same name; “Hi-Jinks”, the hit hidden-camera series where adults play good-natured pranks on kids of all ages.
* Logo: “Noah’s Arc,” the first season of the network’s original drama/comedy series; “U.S. of ANT,” a reality series following the irreverent comedian ANT; and “Wisecrack,” a stand-up comedy series.
* MTV: “Viva La Bam,” documenting the comical and chaotic life of skateboarding pro and “Jackass” star, Bam Margera.
* The N: “Beyond the Break,” a drama series about the competitive world of surfing, where four passionate women pursue their dreams of becoming professional surfers.
With Apple’s legendary ease of use, pioneering features such as integrated video and podcasting support, iMix playlist sharing, seamless integration with iPod and groundbreaking personal use rights, the iTunes Music Store is the best way for Mac® and PC users to legally discover, purchase and download music and videos online. The iTunes Music Store features a selection of over 9,000 music videos, Pixar and Disney short films, a variety of hit TV shows, and more than three million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent labels.
Pricing & Availability
iTunes 6 for Mac and Windows includes the iTunes Music Store and is available as a free download from www.apple.com/itunes. Purchase and download of songs and videos from the iTunes Music Store requires a valid credit card with a billing address in the country of purchase. Television shows are available in the US only, and video availability varies by country. Television shows are $1.99 (US) per episode, and music videos and short films are $1.99 (US) each.
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning desktop and notebook computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store.
MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the worldÕs leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks, with more than 120 channels worldwide, owns and operates the following television programming services Ð MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN, VH1 CLASSIC, LOGO, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of digital services, with all of these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with audiences through robust consumer products businesses and more than 100 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless and interactive television services, and also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby its programming services can be seen worldwide.
NOTE TO EDITORS: For additional information visit Apple’s PR website, or call Apple’s Media Helpline at (408) 974-2042.
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, iTunes and iPod are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Derick Mains
- Press Contact
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.