TietoEnator strengthens its telecom R&D Design Center capabilities by acquiring Polish RTS
28 June 2006, TietoEnator has acquired 51% of the share capital in Polish RTS Networks Ltd., a provider of telecom R&D (Research & Development) services. The acquisition agreement includes an option to acquire the remaining 49 % of the share capital. RTS specialises in software development for international telecom customers with Siemens as its main customer. RTS has 110 employees and 40 subcontractors located in Szczecin, Poland. The acquisition supports TietoEnator’s R&D on-demand concept in the telecom sector, by expanding the knowledge in future technologies and at the same time extending the available set of near-shore design centres. The acquisition agreement was signed on 27 June 2006 and the acquisition is effective as of the same date.
RTS was founded in 1994 by Wienczyslaw Daca who will remain with the company as Managing Director. The company’s net sales has strongly increased year by year, in 2005 it reached EUR 3.2 million. The performance is based on very efficient processes and true customer focus which will both be continued as part of TietoEnator.
“With RTS we get a successful business which brings its own customer base and mature R&D experts. Both perfectly fit into the TietoEnator business model. We will be able to further expand our offering whilst keeping cost at a competitive level”, says Jürgen Hatzipantelis, Senior Vice President, TietoEnator Telecom & Media.
“No doubt, we have been very successful in the past. However, in order to keep this pace also in the future we have been looking for a professional partner, which we found in TietoEnator”, says Wienczyslaw Daca, CEO of RTS.
TietoEnator’s Telecom & Media business area employs close to 5000 professionals in 14 countries. Its broad service portfolio covers R&D services, consulting, IT system development and integration for the full telecom and media value chain. The company operates as a partner to its global customers, assisting them in the development of their products and business processes.
TietoEnator is among the leading architects in building a more efficient information society and one of the largest IT services providers in Europe. TietoEnator specializes in consulting, developing and hosting its customers’ business operations in the digital economy. The Group’s services are based on a combination of deep industry-specific expertise and the latest information technology. TietoEnator has over 15 000 experts in more than 25 countries. www.tietoenator.com
- Contact Information
- Jürgen Hatzipantelis
- Senior Vice President
- TietoEnator Telecom & Media
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.